guiness56

Re: Possibility to Have Delinquency Notice Removed from Credit Report?

I would start at the top.  Write the CEO of the lender, explain everything to him or her.  The fact that you paid, even though you were a cosigner should mean something to them.

New Contributor
thobbs

That's a great idea!  I will write the CEO.  Any idea on how to find an address for such a person?  The bank is BB&T and after searching their website, I see no direct address.

guiness56

Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

Shellemilyrose wrote:

Does co-signing ALWAYS end badly or are there any occasions where it has gone well or beneficial to the person cosigning?  General statements bug me so I was just wondering.  Thanks.

Not at all but it seems the majority of the time the story does not end well. That's why I counsel to never co-sign for any reason for anyone but we all have to decide that for ourselves.

I will echo what guiness56 said. I co-signed on a car with my son and ended up paying it off on my own.

But I do have at least one happy ending concerning a co-signer. My dad co-signed for me so I could buy my first new car (1971 Dodge Charger) and I made all the payments on time every time.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+