Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Bright House success

tag
Judilynn
Established Member

Possible Bright House success

I contacted the Office of the President last night and got a call this morning, and a follow up letter on Bright House letter head.  Bright House isn't the one reporting to the CRA, that's Credit Protection Association.    Will this be enough to remove it from my CR?  Should I dispute it now or wait?  I'm working on a mortgage, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The letter says (leaving off personal info and person's name etc):

Per our conversation on May 7,2014, regarding the account ending in xxxxx:
Confirmation of the payment in full was received on May z". 2014. Bright House
Networks shows no delinquencies on this account. I have submitted the information to
CPA advising the payment has been received.
Ifyou have any questions or concerns regarding this matter, please feel free to contact
me.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Judilynn
Established Member

Re: Possible Bright House success

Any suggestions?

Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Possible Bright House success

@Judilynn wrote:

I contacted the Office of the President last night and got a call this morning, and a follow up letter on Bright House letter head.  Bright House isn't the one reporting to the CRA, that's Credit Protection Association.    Will this be enough to remove it from my CR?  Should I dispute it now or wait?  I'm working on a mortgage, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The letter says (leaving off personal info and person's name etc):

Per our conversation on May 7,2014, regarding the account ending in xxxxx:
Confirmation of the payment in full was received on May z". 2014. Bright House
Networks shows no delinquencies on this account. I have submitted the information to
CPA advising the payment has been received.
Ifyou have any questions or concerns regarding this matter, please feel free to contact
me.

No it wont be enough to remove it from your CRs, the OC has no control over how the CA reports and it looks like they didnt recall it just info CPA that it was paid, this usually results in an update to a Paid Collection. You need to contact CPA with a GW letter to get them to remove the paid collection TL. I would wait until it actually updates just to be sure it wont be deleted.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.