Possible ID Theft!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Possible ID Theft!!!

@Junejer wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
You know, no guarantees, but:

About 3 months ago, I pulled our CRs and found a listing from our CU stating that they had closed our checking for overdrafts. It had turned out that we went over our checking and didn't realize it (apparently, a check that I had deposited from a client bounced and I had forgotten to check it since they've always been good about payment in the past). Within a week, they just took the OD out of our "linked" shares account and it was paid off BUT it still reported to the CRAs as a CO.

So, REALLY concerned, I called them and spoke to someone in the collections office (figuring that was the best person to talk to) and not only did she remove the tradeline entirely, she also checked ChexxSystems for me to see if there was anything else on there I should know about.

(I'm HOPING that wasn't a no-no -- she's an awesomely nice lady and the last thing I want is to get her in ANY trouble)

Do you belong to a credit union? If so, perhaps they could do that for you, too. That way, you wouldn't have to wait for an answer.

*crossing fingers*
I hope it turns out to be something easily fixed!! Good luck!!
A charge off after a week? That seems rather harsh.

You ain't whistlin' Dixie. We were upset about it. Not only did we have a linked savings/shares account that had more than enough to cover the bounced check, but we never received ANY notification about it. Not a single sheet of paper.

Mayhap that's why they were so kind as to immediately delete the file and give us a "free" ChexxSystems report?

In any case, this situation hasn't really been indicative of their service (though we did get spanked once on a 30 day late that came about because even though we accepted their offer of a "skip-a-payment" it wasn't logged in as such). :/

All in all, still WAY better than Wacky.

Message 11 of 12
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Possible ID Theft!!!

I'd be careful dealing with them going forward. I know that you've been armed with lots of information over the past 7 or 8 months, so you'll be fine.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.