Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible PFD response??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Possible PFD response??

I got a letter from Resurgent/LVNV today and this is what it states:

"Resurgent Capital Services L.P. ("Resurgent"), one of its servicing agencies, or one of the three major consumer reporting agencies has received an inquiry on this account.  Resurgent manages this account for the current creditor indicated above and is currently investigating your claim.  Once a determination is made, we will contact you with the results of our research.  If your account is currently being reported to the three major consumer reporting agencies, we will submit a request to update your tradeline to "account information disputed by consumer".

If you have any questions, please contact one of our Customer Service Representatives"

What in the world does this mean?  I sent them a PFD last week.  The one in the mail came back undeliverable.  The ones via e-mail never brought back a response.  This is the second letter from Resurgent in a week.  Before this I never heard from them before. DH just had LVNV on his report.  I sent out PFDs and now I'm getting letters from them.  The one earlier this week was a dunning notice I believe and now this.

Why are they looking at it as a dispute instead of a PFD offer?  What do I do next?  I was going to send out more PFD letters next week which I have altered to include Resurgent in the name. 

Kinda confused.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

Re: Possible PFD response??

I'm not sure why they are treating your PFD like a dispute but I can answer the "why" as to them just now, suddenly, sending you letters...it is because this is what they do. It is exactly what they did to me and several others that I've read about on here.

You never hear from them at all..no dunning..nothing. You send THEM something (in my case, a DV). They don't reply and then all of the sudden Capital Management/Resurgent/Sherman (et al) is sending a dunning. Coincidental timing? NOT lol

You could go around and around trying to get them to answer you (you definitely don't need them reporting "customer disputes" on your CRs when you didn't). OR, you could go straight to the BBB and file a complaint. If you never heard from them until this dunning after YOU contacting them first..you have a valid complaint. They should have sent you a dunning within 5 days of reporting on your CRs.  I'd file the complaint based on FDCPA violations. Ask them to verify or delete.

Trying to negotiate a PFD with them will drive you mad because they will just take you in circles. Trust me.

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Have they actually followed through and placed a dispute flag in your credit file?

There seems to be a growing practice by several debt collectors to treat both DVs  and GW/PFD requests as "disputes."

They are either exceedingly stupid or exceedingly diabolical, wreaking havoc on consumer credit files by placing a dispute flag, which screws up their FICO scoring while in effect.

There are things you can do if they treat it incorrectly as a dispute.  If treated as a direct dispute, there are certain steps they must take to resovle the "dispute."  They dont appear to even being doing that.  They must investigate and either repond back to you within 30 days, either with results of the dispute or a formal holding that it is considered "frivolous or irrelevant."  So it appears that their treatment of it as a "dispute" lacks sincerity from the git-go.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's showing as disputed on the CR. Smiley Frustrated

Does this mean that I cannot continue with my PFD attempts with them?  I think I heard that they can't agree to it when there is a dispute in process.

I have never filed a complaint with the BBB.  Not sure where to begin.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lois,

This was the first time we ever heard of Resurgent.  I'm not sure if we heard from them as LVNV in the past though.  If I put in a BBB complaint and for some reason they get deleted via that route, what happens with the OC?  I'm assuming that I wouldn't be able to GW the OC then because a payment was made.  

Message 5 of 11
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Lois,

This was the first time we ever heard of Resurgent.  I'm not sure if we heard from them as LVNV in the past though.  If I put in a BBB complaint and for some reason they get deleted via that route, what happens with the OC?  I'm assuming that I wouldn't be able to GW the OC then because a payment was made.  

I'm not sure how GW'ing would work.  Maybe contact the OC (if LVNV loses ownership of the debt) and see if they would work with you in paying it and bringing it current.

Anyone else have an idea on this? 

The OCs on the LVNV's that I got deleted all fall off next year and are well past SOL so I'm just leaving them alone. Sorry, I'm not more help on that question. Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, Resurgent is really confusing me.  All I'm trying to do is PFD with them.

After my first PFD letter I got the response above that I shared with you.  Apparently they took it as a dispute.  A few days letter I got a DV letter in the mail from them.  Once I got that I decided to mail out yet another PFD letter.

Well, I got this in the mail:

"Information you provided regarding this account has been forwarded to the Customer Service Department for research.  However, we have been unable to contact you to discuss this account.

If we are unable to establish contact with you within 21 days from the date of this letter, active collection efforts will resume on your account.  If your account is currently being reported to the three major consumer reporting agencies, a request will be submitted to update your tradeline to indicate "account information disputed by consumer" during the next reporting cycle.

Please call us blah blah blah"

What the heck is going on?  I'm the one that has been contacting them via mail so why are they threatening me?  Not once are they mentioning my PFD offer and why on god's green earth are they saying that they will note my account as being under dispute since they just did that after my first PFD letter? 

What should I do?

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lois5669 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Lois,

I'm not sure how GW'ing would work.  Maybe contact the OC (if LVNV loses ownership of the debt) and see if they would work with you in paying it and bringing it current.

Anyone else have an idea on this? 

The OCs on the LVNV's that I got deleted all fall off next year and are well past SOL so I'm just leaving them alone. Sorry, I'm not more help on that question. Smiley Sad

I appreciate any and all replies Smiley Wink 

I think I would just have to let the OC drop in a year or so if it comes down to it.  Heck it looks like I might have to let the CA drop since they are not responding to my PFD.

Message 8 of 11
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

Just go to the BBB. They are not going to act right.

To file a complaint, google LVNV and BBB. It will bring you to their page/info on the BBB website. There is a link to click to file a complaint. Just tell them all of this that you have put here, especially the marking "disputed" when it's not. Then, you will fill out the resolution you are looking for.

The BBB has experience dealing with this CA so you will get results within a couple of weeks (or less) most likely.

You are going around and around and they are playing games.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lois5669 wrote:

Just go to the BBB. They are not going to act right.

To file a complaint, google LVNV and BBB. It will bring you to their page/info on the BBB website. There is a link to click to file a complaint. Just tell them all of this that you have put here, especially the marking "disputed" when it's not. Then, you will fill out the resolution you are looking for.

The BBB has experience dealing with this CA so you will get results within a couple of weeks (or less) most likely.

You are going around and around and they are playing games.

I think you're right

What exactly should I say as my complaint though?  I mean, they are responding but at same time not really lol.  Not exactly sure what constitutes a valid complaint through the BBB since I have never done that before.

I think Asset Acceptance is doing the same thing.  I have sent them 2 PFD letters agreeing to their settlement offer, which they keep sending me, if they delete.  Well, they sent me a similar letter like the one Resurgent sent me acting like I'm disputing and how they are noting that on my DH's CR.  Not once did they bring up my PFD or their settlement offer.

Really frustrating.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.