cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible huge score jump.. super confused.. help!

tag
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

Possible huge score jump.. super confused.. help!

My husband applied for a mortgagte loan to get pre qualified to reserve a lot. His EQ FICO was 598, EX FICO is 534, TU08 is 599. So his mid score is 598. Today when we went to get the results of everything, they told us his mid score is 602. I don't know which CRA that score is from, but the mid is 602. Came home and refreshed the power score with SW, EQ is still a 598, so that hasn't changed. I was thinking his EQ had gone up 4 pts and I just hadn't gotten the SW alert yet. So that means EQ has to be his lowest score if the mid score is 602 and SW is still showing 598, even after refreshing the power score report today.

What confuses me is his EX score was 559, then he was rebucketed and it dropped to 534 (534 as of July 3rd) I know the EX score through myfico is different from the lender pull, but could it really be off by 60+ points? I have not checked his EX fico since his cap1 secured card reported, which is his only revolving TL reporting to EX. He has finger hut revolving and cap1 secured reporting to TU and EQ. I'm just so confused how he got such a jump for 598 to be his lowest score!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

Re: Possible huge score jump.. super confused.. help!

I guess I'm not really sure what i'm asking.. lol I'm just kind of surprised. Is my thinking correct though? That if his mid score is a 602, and EQ is still a 598 according to myfico, then EX and TU are 602 or higher?

Message 2 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Could you be comparing different FICO versions? That can explain the difference assuming the reports didnt change.

Message 3 of 7
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

@llecs wrote:

Could you be comparing different FICO versions? That can explain the difference assuming the reports didnt change.

The scores I went by were score watch for EQ, the EX score I got from my fico, and TU08.. 

Message 4 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@cwwatts1202 wrote:

@llecs wrote:

The scores I went by were score watch for EQ, the EX score I got from my fico, and TU08.. 

Remember though that your lender likely didn't use the same EX and TU versions. So if they provided a mid-score of 602, then you wouldn't likely see the same results from here. 

Message 5 of 7
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@cwwatts1202 wrote:

@llecs wrote:

Remember though that your lender likely didn't use the same EX and TU versions. So if they provided a mid-score of 602, then you wouldn't likely see the same results from here. 

Lenders use TU08, and the score from my fico is TU04 correct? I got a TU08 score of 599. I didn't get it from here.

Message 6 of 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@cwwatts1202 wrote:

@llecs wrote:

@cwwatts1202 wrote:

@llecs wrote:

Lenders use TU08, and the score from my fico is TU04 correct? I got a TU08 score of 599. I didn't get it from here.

Most lender use TU04. TU08 is a newer scoring model not being used all over yet. myFICO TU uses TU98, an outdated scoring model altho somewhat still in use by some.  TU08 penalizes much harder than TU04 within regards to credit scores. Also keep in mind you might see a small lost on points from the lender hard pulling your reports. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.