cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting to wrong account caused late payment and 95 point drop in score...cant get a correction

tag
Camilion
Regular Contributor

Posting to wrong account caused late payment and 95 point drop in score...cant get a correction

I had ab orchard credit card.....card was lost and i called it in...they issued me a new card....ive always paid all my credit cards on time and my score was sitting at 723....I sent in my monthly payment of 63.32  and in good faith thought it was applied as usually is....then i get a fico stunning message that i have gone into 30 day late default dropping my score over 90 points....ALL other accounts at 100% paid on time......I immediatly sent in the 63.32 to the correct account......when i was aware and now....i have a credit on the one account that is not used and 0 balance on the card that is in question.... YET i have contested and contested that this was posted to the wrong account and that THEy can see that the payment was submitted as promised and as usual...IT was an error on their part by posting to the wrong account or in my part on sending it in to the old account...either way...IT was clearly a mistake BUT seems there is NOATHING i can do..I was planning on Buying a house this year....and now Im dont stand a chance in heck./....IS there anything at all i can do..to clear up this mistake.....

they can clearly see it was some sort of mistake or error

Please advise..IM soo upset

Ride the wind for it will carry you...
Follow the stars for they will guide you..
Believe in your dreams..
For they are your hearts desires...
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Posting to wrong account caused late payment and 95 point drop in score...cant get a correction

One goof is NOT going to wreck a mortgage...these things happen.

I would contact Orchard via letter, and ask them to correct the situation...

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 9
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: Posting to wrong account caused late payment and 95 point drop in score...cant get a correction

If indeed a bank error, they can age the account to reflect "never late." You need to fax a letter to the HSBC Credit Bureau Team at 503 686 2869 and make your case. Provide a contact number and best time to call in the letter. They will typically call you within two weeks. Good luck.

Message 3 of 9
Camilion
Regular Contributor

i have appealed with the bank and all i got was a form letter saying mumbo jumbo about making sure payments are on time ..Yada yada...I always pay on time..and was told make sure that payments are always paid on time and thet there is nothing they can do.....i also submitted an appeal to the 3 credit burerus and waiting for their dreaded letter too...IM sooo upset about this because ive worked sooo hard to get everything in perfect order.......and this is devistation......will faxing a letter to the suggested agency,,,,do any good at all..seems everyone is hard nosed about an obvious error...

IM soo at my breaking point ..Ive worked soo hard

Believe in your dreams..
Message 4 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, I'd try that fax. Others have seen success through it.

Everything is 20/20, but I'd try paying them online in the future. I went through a similar thing a few years back and it got me so paranoid now that I'll check each account several times each month and pay a minimum of 2x per month online, just to be sure.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it was an error on their part, they will need to fix it.  If it was a mistake on your part, for whatever reason, they are not responsible.  It's up to the consumer to make payments and keep records of payments so problems like these can get resolved.

Message 6 of 9
GregB
Valued Contributor

In order to get a 30-day late on the account, you would need to have not paid one statement by the due date, then received another statement and not paid again by the due date. That is what it would take to actually be more than 30-days past the original due date. Is that what happened?

Paying the wrong account will get you a late fee but it takes more than that to ding your credit. I suggest you look at the actual due dates and actual date of payment and see if it was actually paid more than 30 days after the original due date.

Message 7 of 9
casmith1980
Established Contributor

I've had a similar issue with my New York & Company card vs my Victoria's Secret card.  Both are owned by WFNNB, payments go to the same address, etc.  My bill pay service forgot to add the account # to the check so WFNNB posted both payments to the NYC card.  

All I did was give WFNNB a call and explained the situation Smiley Wink  I know Orchard's customer service can be a little frustrating to say the least, but fax, email or mail them a letter explaining the situation.  Send them copies of your previous payments showing that you pay on time EVERY month.  

I'm sure they will work this out for you Smiley Happy

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 8 of 9
Camilion
Regular Contributor

I did make my payments online,,I always have,,this time it just posted to the account i owed nothing on

Believe in your dreams..
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.