New Visitor
GiantsFan80

Potential Problem Lurking

Hi Everyone,

I've been working very hard for the past 6 years to get my credit into excellent shape and will be buying my first home next year.  Unfortunately, when I got back from vacation today, something terrible happened.  My heart sunk when I opened a letter from a CA stating I owed over $200 to their client.  (even worse, it's for a service I don't use anymore!)  After catching up on all of my VMs, there were 2 messages from the CA too.  At first, I thought it was a mistake, but after checking my records, it appears I'm on the hook for the amount owed every year unless I carry out a series of steps to cancel the service.

I've searched this forum for over 2 hours trying to figure out the best thing to do.   The CA still hasn't reported as of this afternoon.   Their dunning letter was dated 12/6.   Can anyone suggest the best way to handle this so it doesn't show up on my file?  I can PIF immediately.  Should I contact the OC and try to get them to pull it back?  (I moved, so I didin't receive this year's invoice and simply forgot about it).  Should I do a DV with the CA even though I know it's likely valid?

TIA for any insight!

Giants Fan

Shogun

Re: Potential Problem Lurking

You can send a modified PFD to word if you PIF they won't report.

Starting Score: 504

July 2013 score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+