cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Praise God! Chase is actually paying us $ and removing UNPAID CO from CRA's!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Praise God! Chase is actually paying us $ and removing UNPAID CO from CRA's!

I have been reading a lot of threads trying to educate myself on how to handle our credit problems.  I read a thread yesterday about writing goodwill letters to companies after you have paid off a bad debt to have them remove the CO from the CB.  I thought I would try to write them explaining our situation and that we would like to make good on the debt but wanted to know the best route to take to have it removed from our credit bureau.  I received a call the next day from someone with the "Executive Services" team and she proceeded to tell me that she looked over our spending and saw where we had problems paying and that though we were willing to pay our debt that she has already removed all finance charges, late fees, etc and that not only will they be deleting everything from the CB they will be sending us a check for $51.00!!!  

We owed Chase $1,079.00 which was charged off about 4 years ago.

CRAZY!  I cried and thanked her.  I would also just like to thank everyone on this board : )

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Praise God! Chase is actually paying us $ and removing UNPAID CO from CRA's!

Smiley Surprised    Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Praise God! Chase is actually paying us $ and removing UNPAID CO from CRA's!

Wow.  Getting a check from Chase would definately constitute a miracle in my book.   Congrats !!

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think Chase is great when it comes to goodwills.  It seems as though they really understand sometimes things happen.  But man, you get a bk on your reports and they won't consider you for any of their credit products until the bk is gone.  But overall, very pleased with Chase. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.