cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Approved and a Job Offer due to amazing results!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre-Approved and a Job Offer due to amazing results!

OK make sure you are sitting before you read this....lol!

We are preapproved!!!!! Our new scores are....pulled by our mortgage man himself....drum roll......EQ 646, EX 635, and TU 660! They were just  5 weeks and 4 days ago 496, 559, and 491 respectively!!!! Yes I am serious!! Our mortgage guy offered me a job he was so impressed! I told him it was all due to this site. I combed through every inch of it and followed all advice and here we are! Thanks to everyone! We are making an offer on a home tomorrow!!! We will get the tax credit! Thanks and it can be done! Keep believing!!!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Pre-Approved and a Job Offer due to amazing results!

Congrats to YOU!!! Smiley WinkWow a job offer and  a pre-approval in the same day.SpeechlessSmiley Tongue

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!!!  What an inspiration you are!!!

Message 3 of 12
nursev
Valued Member

Congrats to you, that is AWESOME!!!

EQ 644 - myFiCO 6/11/13
TU 679 WalMart 6/5/13
TU 690 Merrick 5/15/13
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!  Can you post a little more info on how you improved your credit scores?  I am in the same boat and plan to re pull my scores in the next few days.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is  what I did:

Starting 2/23/10 after seeing what my scores were I read as much as I could in 48 hours. I then started to hand write letters because somewhere on here someone said that was better than typing. I started with just GW letters to those that I paid off a year or so ago. I mailed them certified mail return receipt requested on day 4 approximately. I then started on PFD letters to those that still had a balance. I actually had more luck with the GW letters than the PFD. If they did not respond in about ten days I mailed another one. I got some yes's which are always inspiring pretty quick. I then started looking again on this board for info on the companies I was getting nowhere with(Midland, AFNI, etc.) I found more info such as email so I started emailing and that was successful too! I worked on something whether it be a letter or follow up every spare momment and every day through the entire process. I kept notes of everything I did, and it was awesome to completely cross off an entire tradeline. I had notes for each CB, so you have to be very organized. I also the first week into this process was able to get added to two of my dad's credit cards and also got a secured card through Applied Bank(no inquiries). Everything was done with a not a second to waist pace. My dad and I went through each one to find the one with the oldest credit history also learned that on this board. I made sure the secured card with a limit of 500 never carried more than a 40.00 balance at any time. I am down to 3 that refuse to PFD and I will keep pushing them until the mortgage man says I have to pay them. Those three are Capital One, Suncoast Schools FCU, and National Credit Systems. I hope I covered everything and if I didn't just ask. I basically worked like a mad women! Also, we originally pulled both my husband's and mine(CR) and I decided it would be faster to start with his, so if one spouse has the income and less to clean up start there for mortgage purposes.

Message 6 of 12
jbee
Regular Contributor

That's amazing....Congratulations!!

3/1/10: TU: 615, EQ: 640, EX: ???
6/8/10 (LO pulled): TU: 704, EQ: 689, EX: 694
Goal Score by Oct. 1: TU: 750, EQ: 750, EX: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 12
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Wow.....extremely impressive determination & results!!!  Smiley Surprised

Congrats to you & hubby on getting approved for a mortgage.....and a job offer too!!??  In these tough times, especially in the housing-related industry, to get an unexpected job offer on top of the approval is amazing!

You truly are an inspiration to all out there who wonder "can I do this"??  The answer is a resounding....YES!!!  Smiley Very Happy

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, that's completely amazing!

Are you going to take the job?

Message 9 of 12
gettingsmarter
Established Member

WOW!!!!   That must feel AMAZING!  Congratulations to you and your family!

Starting Score: (3/18/10) TU 540 - EQ 589
Current Score: 1/5/19
TU 801- EQ 806 -EX 799

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.