Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-HIPAA response

tag
upinflagstaff
Frequent Contributor

Pre-HIPAA response

The Pre-HIPAA letter to EQ came back with the name of the CA. The HIPAA letter asks for the name of the medical provider. Is this a valid response? Should I attempt to call/contact the OC about the account? I can and will pay this, but I really would like this to get deleted once I do so I don't want to jump any important steps. BTW - I'm still waiting on the EX response.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Pre-HIPAA response

How long ago did EQ receive the pre-HIPAA letter? Did EQ verify the collection?
Message 2 of 13
upinflagstaff
Frequent Contributor

Letter to EQ mailed 8/23/08, GC dated 8/26/08, reply dated 8/30/08 (received today).

"We have researched the collection account. Account # The results are: Equifax verified that this item belongs to you."

But that doesn't answer the "Please advise me as to the name and address of the medical provider"

They were very quick on the turnaround, so no real issues with that - it's the quality of the result. They "verified" the CA not the medical provider.

What next?
Message 3 of 13
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Is this collection paid or unpaid? I assume you haven't received any correspondence from the reporting CA either?
Message 4 of 13
upinflagstaff
Frequent Contributor

It's unpaid. It's for $140, so no biggie on paying it off once I get my ducks in a row to have it properly deleted under HIPAA. The amount was for lab work for my daughter.
It may be out of SOL(what would medical be considered?), but it's still in CRTP for a couple more years.

When I first started reading these boards I thought I would do a PFD. I hadn't started talking to the CA when I saw the Pre-HIPAA process. I'm just trying to do these steps properly to get it to delete.
Message 5 of 13
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Since you can PIF, SOL is meaningless. GL! Let us know how it goes.
Message 6 of 13
upinflagstaff
Frequent Contributor

I think that this OC has been bought out by another but as I said, EQ did not send the OC information. I'm still waiting on EX, maybe they will be more complete and I can move to the next step in the HIPAA process.
Message 7 of 13
upinflagstaff
Frequent Contributor

EX response to the Pre-HIPAA was to verify and tell me to contact the CA. Is anyone else having this much trouble getting the OC name out of the CRA? Should I contact the CA to get the OC name and address? I'm a little at a loss...

Um. Never mind. I read the link with the Medical DV letter - so that's next.

Message Edited by upinflagstaff on 09-09-2008 09:38 AM
Message 8 of 13
fused
Moderator Emeritus

You have to DV the CA for the collection reporting on EQ since we do not know these things: is the OC communicating your PHI with the CA, does this CA have a business purpose to report this collection and is it a valid collection.

Since the CRA “verifie” your unpaid collection but the reporting CA did not provide a complete and accurate validation of the account, send this letter to the CA CMRRR.

MEDICAL DV LETTER TO THE CA

After you receive the green card from the Med DV letter, mail this follow-up dispute letter to the CRA CMRRR.

FOLLOW-UP DISPUTE LETTER (2) TO THE CRA'S

Message 9 of 13
upinflagstaff
Frequent Contributor

I sent the Medical DV to the CA this morning.
You don't wait 30 days for the CA to respond?

Message Edited by upinflagstaff on 09-09-2008 11:45 AM
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.