cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Hippa--Cra has verified pd collections, what now?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre-Hippa--Cra has verified pd collections, what now?

I have been reading this forum for several months now and i think I'm more confused and afraid of credit issues until i don't even now how to begin this message for help! Anyway, here goes nothing.....please excuse my ignorance. 

I have 8 paid (to oc) & 2 unpaid collections reporting on my cr, so i decided to send the pre-hippa letter (unfortunately without the personalized stationary & teal font) to the cra's. Experian has 7 pd & 2 unpd ($65 & $40), Transunion has 6 pd & 1 unpd ($40) and Equifax has 4 pd & 1 unpd ($40)

Well, I received a response from tu & eq within a week. The results are as follow:
    Equifax deleted only 1 and the other 4 came bk verified as belonging to me. I paid the oc but ca is reporting. Three are Hospital and one is the $40 for doctor which by the way i didn't pay because i don't owe! 8/2003

Transunion sd "Thank u 4 contacting tu. Our goal is 2 maintain complete & accurate info below in response 2 ur request." And gave me a list of all the ca with their address & telephone number.

Experian- no response as of yet

The latest collection for all of them is 03/2007---paid
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pre-Hippa--Cra has verified pd collections, what now?

lmn2008 wrote:
I have been reading this forum for several months now and i think I'm more confused and afraid of credit issues until i don't even now how to begin this message for help! Anyway, here goes nothing.....please excuse my ignorance. 

I have 8 paid (to oc) & 2 unpaid collections reporting on my cr, so i decided to send the pre-hippa letter (unfortunately without the personalized stationary & teal font) to the cra's. Experian has 7 pd & 2 unpd ($65 & $40), Transunion has 6 pd & 1 unpd ($40) and Equifax has 4 pd & 1 unpd ($40)

Well, I received a response from tu & eq within a week. The results are as follow:
    Equifax deleted only 1 and the other 4 came bk verified as belonging to me. I paid the oc but ca is reporting. Three are Hospital and one is the $40 for doctor which by the way i didn't pay because i don't owe! 8/2003

Transunion sd "Thank u 4 contacting tu. Our goal is 2 maintain complete & accurate info below in response 2 ur request." And gave me a list of all the ca with their address & telephone number.

Experian- no response as of yet

The latest collection for all of them is 03/2007---paid

What do you mean (do not owe)    is it not yours or did ins pay???

On paid collections not deleted by the PRE-HIPAA......send the 2nd HIPAA to the OC using the insert *PAID*     CMRRR

Message Edited by HappyDays on 09-07-2008 08:14 AM
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pre-Hippa--Cra has verified pd collections, what now?

Let me explain why i feel i don't owe this bill because i remembered it well........I went 2 this doctor twice & realized i didn't like his service at all so my third appt i canceled even b4 i left his office, well about a week or so later i received a bill from his office for that $40 for a no show charge. I called his office spoke to his secretary whom she said not to worry about it and that it will be taken care of.  I believe her until i saw it appeared on my cr a yr later. And i just didn't try doing anything else about it until now because i would like to purchase a home next year
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.