Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre Qualified & Approved! - Capital One Platinum

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre Qualified & Approved! - Capital One Platinum

Details: 24.9% variable APR Annual Fee $0 intro for the first year; $19 after that

I was having a bad week and dumb PRA keeps me attitude over the phone so I decided heck, I'm gonna apply for a credit card so I can start rebuilding. I went to Capital One and checked to see if I prequalified for anything.... OMG yes to Capital One Platinum and also said "You are also qualified for Quicksilver Got a $300 credit for Capital One Platinum - Do you guys think I should also apply immediately for Quicksilver since I only have two cards now - an AMEX and this Capital One Platinum I just got approved for?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Pre Qualified & Approved! - Capital One Platinum

Details: 24.9% variable APR Annual Fee $0 intro for the first year; $19 after that

I was having a bad week and dumb PRA keeps me attitude over the phone so I decided heck, I'm gonna apply for a credit card so I can start rebuilding. I went to Capital One and checked to see if I prequalified for anything.... OMG yes to Capital One Platinum and also said "You are also qualified for Quicksilver Got a $300 credit for Capital One Platinum - Do you guys think I should also apply immediately for Quicksilver since I only have two cards now - an AMEX and this Capital One Platinum I just got approved for?

Grats on your new Cap-1 card. I wouldnt it will be another triple pull and there is no guarantee you will be approved for another one immediately. I would look elsewhere for the 3rd bankcard Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

Grats on your new Cap-1 card. I wouldnt it will be another triple pull and there is no guarantee you will be approved for another one immediately. I would look elsewhere for the 3rd bankcard Smiley Happy

Thank you! I read that as long as you didn't apply 2+ in the past 30 days or have 2+ open accounts then appying is okay. I have ~560 score and not buying a house anytime soon - will the additional pull on 3 Credit Bureaus hurt me that much? So it's not worth the try?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations Capital One is really being kind. I just got my approval today too. This is amazing Im happy for you!

Message 4 of 7
TURNERHOOVER
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If I were you I would have.

EX 727 | EQ 720 | TU 740

FREEDOM 4.5k | BCP 9.5k | DISCOVER 2.5k | ARRIVAL+ 7.5k | RITZ CARLTON 15k
No new Apps till Dec 2016
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry.. I couldn't help it and JUMPED THE GUN.

Approved for another $300 CL with Capital One Quicksilver 0%APR until Nov 2015 then 22.9% - I am being more responsible and using this to only pay bills and rebuild credit!

Thank you buddha! 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. Capital One was my first major after my credit mishaps. They were pretty good to me about credit increases after about 8 months of timely payments too.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.