Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-hippa worked!

tag
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

Pre-hippa worked!

All collection accounts gone!!  I have given up on the paid tax lien from 2004.  I'm just going to have to live with that one I guess.  Now I have to really get busy with DH's CR, and let our new accounts age a bit.  I have 3 pre-hippa's sent out on DH's account, and am trying to decide what to do on the 4th.  It's with the hosp. I work for so going to have to handle it with kid gloves.  Any suggestions, anyone?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

Re: Pre-hippa worked!

Congratulations Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 2 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

southernficoaddict wrote:
All collection accounts gone!!  I have given up on the paid tax lien from 2004.  I'm just going to have to live with that one I guess.  Now I have to really get busy with DH's CR, and let our new accounts age a bit.  I have 3 pre-hippa's sent out on DH's account, and am trying to decide what to do on the 4th.  It's with the hosp. I work for so going to have to handle it with kid gloves.  Any suggestions, anyone?

Congrats! Tell us about the 4th collection? How old, how much, and is it paid? If unpaid, can you PIF?
Message 3 of 7
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

It's $133 and I can PIF, but haven't because I have been avoiding talking to our coll. rep about it.  It says date assigned 09/2005.  I guess I should just pay it and then prehippa the CRA, huh?  It's only reporting to one CRA and hasn't updated in a long time. 
Message 4 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

No! You must follow the HIPAA process. Send letter 1 to the CRAs CMRRR and wait until their investigations are completed (can take up to 35 days, including mail time).  Post your results after the CRA's investigations. Stop talking with the collector.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Southern!!
Message 6 of 7
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, since I started doing this on April 28th my TU score is up 107 pts, EQ +121 pts, and EX is up 64 (wasn't as low as the others).  This site is the best thing that ever hapened to me and my family.  Without it we would be no closer to building our home than we were 2 years ago.  Thanks everybody for all their help with everything, and if your new to this DON'T GIVE UP!  You will make progress, sometimes it is slow going, but every so often, you'll get a really nice scorewatch surprise.

I feel like I should have started this off "I would like to thank the academy....."
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.