Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-legal letter from Midland

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre-legal letter from Midland

Hi, so today I recieved a "pre-legal reminder" from Midland funding for my Barclays CO. This is the first notice I recieve, it was sent to my parents address. Midland is not yet reporting on my reports and I want to keep them from reporting. How should I deal with this? Should I DV them or work on settling? My ultimate goal is to keep them from reporting, I live in MA so the SOL is 6 yrs, DOFD is not listed on my KC report but I think it's around 6/2012, so I'm def still within SOL. Has anyone recieved this from Midland? How did you handle? Any suggestions are appreciated...Thx
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pre-legal letter from Midland

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi, so today I recieved a "pre-legal reminder" from Midland funding for my Barclays CO. This is the first notice I recieve, it was sent to my parents address. Midland is not yet reporting on my reports and I want to keep them from reporting. How should I deal with this? Should I DV them or work on settling? My ultimate goal is to keep them from reporting, I live in MA so the SOL is 6 yrs, DOFD is not listed on my KC report but I think it's around 6/2012, so I'm def still within SOL. Has anyone recieved this from Midland? How did you handle? Any suggestions are appreciated...Thx

If your goal is to keep them from reporting, and its a legitimate debt, make payment arrangments ASAP.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Pre-legal letter from Midland

I agree.

If you send a DV, they can respond at any time, and immediately report their collection.

Any temporary cease collection bar obtained by a DV would be fleeting, and would not ensure that they wont report.

It could, in fact, act as incentive for them to quicky validate and report.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.