cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preapproved for 4 BOA cards, then denied. Recon? Need current back door number

tag
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

Re: Preapproved for 4 BOA cards, then denied. Recon? Need current back door number

their are many great threads on RECONS use the search box  on top right side Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Preapproved for 4 BOA cards, then denied. Recon? Need current back door number

Not all "pre-approval" offers are the same.

In their pre-approval offer, did they state that the offer was based on having obtained your name from a listing provided by a CRA of consumers who met stated criteai provided by the creditor?

If they used the CRA to screen for a listing of names that met their specficied criteria, then they must honor the offer if, upon pull of your full CR, it shows that you continue to meet those criteria.

However, if their "pre-approval" was not based on criteria and a listing provided by a CRA, they are not bound to any specific approval criteria.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, RobertEG, they didn't say that they'd gotten my info from any of the CRA lists. I wish I'd have known this before I accepted the offer, because now I have another hard pull. But that's ok, I'll know the next time around! Thank you!!
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.