Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premier and Credit One 30-day Late

tag
Bpearl2010
Regular Contributor

Premier and Credit One 30-day Late

Need some guidance on removing 30-day late marks.. I have read and used the searched feature a lot, which has provided me from amazing information. However, I would like to see what your opinions are for my specific 30-day late marks. Planning to purchase my first home in 12 months (~), and these are my only negative marks.

First Premier bank 30-day late date is (07/2014) - The reason I was late was because i simply forgot about the account. I had no financial hardship, but simply a lot on my mind during that time. During that time my Fiancee was not working and i was putting her through school. This happened around her graduation time, which at the same time unexpected amount of stress to find her a job was overwhelming. Hence, I just simply forgot to pay the account. Since, the account then I've paid more than minimum and before due date. Account balance is at Zero now. Any opinions ???? Smiley Embarassed I've submited one GW letter to them about 5 months ago. no luck

Credit one 30-date late date is (11/2014) - Almost the same reason above, minus the fiancee stress. No excuse I simply forgot to pay this account. I've been paying this account before due date and higher payments than required. Account balance is at Zero now. Smiley Sad Haven't submitted a GW letter to them, Yet.

Does anyone have good contact information for Credit One?? I have the email for Premier, which i am going to try and send a new one out to them.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Premier and Credit One 30-day Late

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have a third revolving account? If not get one now. In fact, get two and dump Credit One. I'd suggest starting with Capital One (they will give you multiple accounts). If you can get a third account (maybe try Barclays), then dump FP as well.

The 30 day lates drop your scores quite a bit initially, but they are considered "minor derogs" and wear off pretty fast. 24 months out they have minimal impact. Your scores should recover pretty well over the next year, even with them on there.

Message 3 of 8
Bpearl2010
Regular Contributor

Gdale-Thank you, I forgot to mention that I have already submitted one GW letter to Premier about 5 months ago, however, i have not done so for Credit one.

Norman- Thank you for your advise. I've updated my Sig so that you may see my current cards.

I'm waiting for my new UTI ratio to update, since i just paid like 7k worth of debt. still have 3600 revolving in Two store cards, not credit card.

I have the following Hard Inquiries: TU: 4 total, with 2 falling off July 25th, 2015, and 1 falling off Dec 17th, 2015 and the last one wont fall off for 2 years. EQ: 2 total, with 1 falling off Dec 17th, 2015 and the other one Apr 29, 2017. EX: 1 Total, which falls off Aug 20th 2016.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bpearl2010 wrote:

Gdale-Thank you, I forgot to mention that I have already submitted one GW letter to Premier about 5 months ago, however, i have not done so for Credit one.

Norman- Thank you for your advise. I've updated my Sig so that you may see my current cards.

I'm waiting for my new UTI ratio to update, since i just paid like 7k worth of debt. still have 3600 revolving in Two store cards, not credit card.

I have the following Hard Inquiries: TU: 4 total, with 2 falling off July 25th, 2015, and 1 falling off Dec 17th, 2015 and the last one wont fall off for 2 years. EQ: 2 total, with 1 falling off Dec 17th, 2015 and the other one Apr 29, 2017. EX: 1 Total, which falls off Aug 20th 2016.

App for a couple of Cap One cards as soon as those balances hit. Barclays too if you've got at least 18 months of CC history.

Message 5 of 8
Bpearl2010
Regular Contributor

Norman, do you happen to know what score Cap One pulls? Also, for Barclays's? 

And, what are the normal scores for approvals?

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One will often approve from the mid-high 500's and up, depending on the overall report. You could be close to mid 600's when the balances update so I would say approval chances are excellent. Barclays approved me when I was around 560-580.

Cap One is a triple pull, barclays pulled my TU.

Message 7 of 8
Bpearl2010
Regular Contributor

Awesome thank you for the information!!.

I'm working on writing down my closing dates for my credit card statements, so I can optimize my scores with that Untilization "less than 10% balance" tactics.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.