Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparing for GE/Synchrony CLI Requests for Amazon, Sam's & Walmart Cards

tag
I_need_720
Regular Contributor

Preparing for GE/Synchrony CLI Requests for Amazon, Sam's & Walmart Cards

I just hit my third statement with all three cards (Amazon, Sam's & Walmart) and preparing to ask for CLI's in the next 30 days. I have read on the forum to wait till the 4th staement cuts before requesting a CLI. I still have a few questions:

• I have been PIF each month - should I carry a small balance on each for the last month?
  • Should I use the 'Luv" button or call in and request the CLI? If so, can I request on all three card at the same time?
  • I currently have a $1,000 CL on each card - what is a reasonable CLI to ask for giving my scores (see signature line)?

Any guidance is appreciated.

br>Current Scores: EQ: 629 EX: 654 TU: 682 on 12/30/2014 from myFico
Starting Scores: EQ: 640 EX: 672 TU: 663 on 08/26/2014 from myFico
Goal Scores: 750+

In the Garden till October 2015 - Last App November 13, 2014
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Re: Preparing for GE/Synchrony CLI Requests for Amazon, Sam's & Walmart Cards

I tried for a CLI with Walmart/Synchrony last week. I also had just hit my 3rd statement. I was declined thru the luv button, and then called credit solutions.

They asked me how much I wanted. My limit is $700, so I aked for $2.5k. Two minutes later they said NO, and no counteroffer. This is a bit of improvement form the last time I was rejected in July. At least they asked me how much of a CLI I wanted this time.

It is a soft Pull, so no harm, no foul. But many here say it is futile to try before 4 statements.

Hope this helps

Message 2 of 11
I_need_720
Regular Contributor

Thanks for sharing your experience. I am definitely going to wait  until the 4th statement cuts. However, I still have these questions that  I would like folks to share their perspective on:

• I have been PIF each month - should I carry a small balance on each for the last month?
  • Should I use the 'Luv" button or call in and request the CLI? If so, can I request on all  card at the same time?
  • I currently have a $1,000 CL on each card - what is a reasonable CLI to ask for giving my scores (see signature line)?

Message 3 of 11
I_need_720
Regular Contributor

BUMP

Message 4 of 11
Iwpal7
Established Member

I use the chat feature on the Walmart and the Amazon page when I logged into my account. When chatting with someone live, ask for more than you need I have only had one statement from Walmart and one statement from Amazon it is not too early but chat with a live person. My Walmart went from 600 to 3500, Amazon 800 to 3500.00.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a walmart card through Snchrony that started at about $300. I asked for a CLi after 2 months. They raised it to $1400. I had derogs on my credit at the time yet they still approved, However my amazon, they denied and I have had that account for 9 months, wierd. I now have a CLEAN credit report with no derogs so I will try again. Snchrony is wierd sometimes.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got my Amazon store card in the mail yesterday and immediately used the chat feature and went from $1400 to $5000 and the entire process was less than ten minutes
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me, I always use chat.

I always ask for more than I think I will be granted.

EX: I had a 500 limit when I started with Walmart/Amazon. I asked both for 4000 and got 1500. Few months later I asked for 10,000 and they counter with 3,500 for both. In a few months I'm going to ask for 10,000 again and hope to get closer.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My fourth statement just cut and I was DENIED an increase Smiley Sad
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@I_need_720 wrote:

Thanks for sharing your experience. I am definitely going to wait  until the 4th statement cuts. However, I still have these questions that  I would like folks to share their perspective on:

• Should I use the 'Luv" button or call in and request the CLI? If so, can I request on all  card at the same time?

Its definitely not futile to try before the fourth statement - BUT, you do have to show some score improvement. With a 670 TU score, you should have a decent chance at a pretty good increase. They just increased mine (without asking) after the second statement - from $500 to $1200. Since my scores had just taken another jump (to 642 TU), I went ahead and called and got an increase to $3k. I would try for 5K each.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.