Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Primor Secured Card

tag
TwoBeFree
Contributor

Primor Secured Card

Have anyone heard of Primor Secured Card? I seen it on a credit card website.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Primor Secured Card

yes i have is ok for start 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

As stated, it's an ok starting card, BofA is better. Good luck.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes BOA is better if you can get, primor is ok 

pro good for star, report to KB as credit card not e secure card, only 9.99%

coin :not credit line increase the all hard to make payment 

Message 4 of 7
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

BofA is good because it graduates with a good payment history to unsecured. I find BofA's banking practices problematic though and don't want to give them my business.

Like in the other thread, I recommend the Capital One Secured card and SDFCU Secured Card.

SDFCU has no annual fee, Cap One does. If in the event you carry a balance, SDFCU 6.99% vs 19.99% with Cap One. The upside to Cap One is it's partially secured, meaning either you qualify for a unsecured card and deposit nothing, or from $49-$99 for $200 Credit Limit or $200 for an equal amount of credit.

Obvious the more you put down the worse your credit is.

It's mighty hard to get refused for either of these cards. Got a messed up ChexSystem, forget the SDFCU until you clean it up. They do not do a hard pull. Some might say otherwise but my evidence is they don't pull your credit just your ChexSystem.

Cap One refused me at first not having a simple checking/savings account. Once I got that, I called them back and was approved $99 for $200.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

"BofA is good because it graduates with a good payment history to unsecured. I find BofA's banking practices problematic though and don't want to give them my business"

Same here - I was burned by them BIG TIME back in 1990 and I swore I would never give them my business again.

Basically they manipulated my deposit posting and incoming checks in order to maximize insufficient funds fees and effectively stole $500 from an account that actually had sufficient funds in it.

I still hear they have not changed much in that regards so I will not use them.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so I have the Primor CC.  My credit history is very poor, from bad debt and BK.  But I needed a CC to rebuild my credit.  I applied for the Capital One secured and couldnt even get that one.  The Primor CC is the only one that truly does not check your credit.  They just have you apply, then verify your identity with your checking account.  Then once approved, you make your payment to them to secure your limit.  That takes some time before the card is issued.  Thats the ONE thing about this card that sucks.  Everything takes TIME to process.  From your app and your initial payment, to your CC payments once you start using it and then for the payments to show up and be credited back to your limit.  I will explain.  But First, I wanted to say I couldnt even get a cell phone before this card.  At this point, I have had it for 5 months.  I have checked my credit file(not score), and I see it on there and it does look like a normal credit card.   Also I had to switch cable service from Comcast to ATT uverse, and the ATT people had to check my credit before I was able to get the service.  Well I was nervous.  But to my BIG surprise, I qualified as a "Low Credit Risk" applicant.  A few months ago, my transunion score was 486, so I know it was bad.  But they said I was approved as low risk, with NO deposit.  And since I had my credit pulled with that transunion score, I have only had this credit card going.  So It has been helping.  I have been lazy in checking my score, but I will soon.  Anyway, on to the wait times....

My only gripe with this card is the lead time between when online payments are made, and when they show up.  Then when they show up as paid, they still dont get credited back to the card for another 5-10 days.  So basically I use the card for a tank of gas, and then pay it off a few weeks later.  Then its another 2 weeks before the payment shows up and the line is increased back to where it was before the charge was made.  But thats it.  Im sure they are being cautious because of the nature of their clients, plus its a small bank in NJ that handles this.  Not some huge company.  

But the good is there is this really nice lady that always answers the phone when I call(during business hours only).  Shes polite and treats me with respect.  Over all I would give this card a 4.5/5 only because of the payment crediting lead time.  Otherwise, the application process was easy, their site is no-nonsense and will do what normal CC sites will do like taking payments and showing balance and history, and the APR is cheap at 13.9.  So this is a winner in my book.  Im going to up my limit.  Its as easy as calling the nice lady, and giving her a payment over the phone and specifying its for a limit increase.  And the best part is, I will get my deposit back when I close it.  But who knows if I ever will.  Its a great card.  Hope this helps anyone looking at it.  It was worth it for me.  I do with I did a score check on all three before I started with it.  

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.