Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Priority Mail to dispute TU and Equifax

tag
ak129132
Established Member

Priority Mail to dispute TU and Equifax

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to dispute a collection on my credit report to speed up deletion from my report. I am planning to send the UDF and letter from the collection agency as proof that they were deleted. Do you think I could do priority mail to the TU and Equifax or is CMRRR the only option?

Thank you

AK

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Priority Mail to dispute TU and Equifax

If you dispute, it will allow them a timeframe of 30 to 45 days, from that moment, to do anything about it...update/delete/whatever...

Keep that in mind...

Just might be faster to let the wheel spin at it's own pace.

Message 2 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@ak129132 wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to dispute a collection on my credit report to speed up deletion from my report. I am planning to send the UDF and letter from the collection agency as proof that they were deleted. Do you think I could do priority mail to the TU and Equifax or is CMRRR the only option?

Thank you

AK

Disputing accurate information is a violation of the TOS of the forums.  I believe this has already been discussed.

Message 3 of 5
ak129132
Established Member

I apologize, I was disputing as the status of the line was unpaid while clearly it was paid. I was only disputing it to speed up the updates to the TL.

Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Not a good idea.  It can take up to 90 days to reflect.  It wasn't paid that long ago, give it time.

Disputing can cause issues with the final deletion of the account.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.