Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProCom - paying one Payment but showing as several accounts on CR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

ProCom - paying one Payment but showing as several accounts on CR

After DD had medical issues and subsequently thousands in medical bills they went to ProCom for  collection.   There are 8 different accounts showing on CR.  I have a verbal agreement to pay one small monthly payment.  They are applying it to the oldest.  In the meantime all the others are showing as 

Status: collection account.   $223 past due as of March 2017       (All different amounts of course)

My question is how can I be past due with them when A. I am paying?   B. I don't have a due date on each specific one?

Also can I ask for smaller ones to be paid first so they are removed?

Should I cancel monthly payment and ask for seperate invoices for each different account and pay the smaller ones first? 

Any other suggestions? 

I am just starting my journey and am learning so much on this forum.   Expect lots of questions!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: ProCom - paying one Payment but showing as several accounts on CR

They are going to show past due because they are a collection account.  If you have already worked out a payment plan, I don't see a reason that you can't call them and work on the details of how you want them paid and to request copies of all the accounts.  If they are for separate dates of service, you may want to pay the newest first to the oldest.  I think that would help your score more because you are getting rid of your newest derogs first which are hurting your more than the oldest account.  Good luck!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: ProCom - paying one Payment but showing as several accounts on CR

Since these are medical collections you have some additional options on them. If insurance wont take care of these then these are the steps to go thru for each one

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.