Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probably a silly question, but....

tag
smb0730
Established Member

Probably a silly question, but....

How come the info in my TransUnion report vs. Equifax varies so much? There is also a 75 point difference in my score....what's up with that?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Probably a silly question, but....

Not a silly question at all.

Not every creditor reports to all three CRAs, maybe one or two.  Some don't report at all.

As for the scores, are they FICO scores?  There could be a big difference depending on what is on each report.

Message 2 of 5
smb0730
Established Member

@guiness56 wrote:

Not a silly question at all.

Not every creditor reports to all three CRAs, maybe one or two.  Some don't report at all.

As for the scores, are they FICO scores?  There could be a big difference depending on what is on each report.

Yes. They're FICO scores. My Equifax shows a 629 which, given where is WAS, I was feeling good about. Then I checked my TransUnion score and it was 574!!!! I almost choked! I've looked at the reports and the only thing different was that there was an inquiry on my TransUnion report from a credit card I have (in good standing) that gave me an increase in my credit line. Can it really be that big of an issue??? I'm totally new to knowledge in the credit world....

Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Look at payment history, age of accounts, things like that.  One inquiry will not have that much of an impact.

There is something on (or lacking) on the TU report.

Message 4 of 5
smb0730
Established Member

Ok. I'll take a closer look when I get home this evening. Thank you!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.