Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems getting TransUnion Early Exclusion while CO in Dispute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problems getting TransUnion Early Exclusion while CO in Dispute

Before I learned about early exclusion, I sent in a written dispute on some chargeoffs.  There were some errors on the accounts. The disputes are not due to be decided until March 29th. 

I am now trying the Early Exclusion strategy, but having some issues!

I called TransUnion 800-916-8800  to ask for an Early Exclusion on some accounts.  I pressed option 4, then option 2 to speak with a representative.   When I asked the representation for an early exclusion they said that the accounts were in dispute and I had to wait for results March 29th, 2018.

I'm wondering if there is a way around this.  Is there something special I can say to a representative?  I do have a couple Charge Offs not in dispute so I am planning to call back or try online depending on feedback and advice from this post.

Thanks for any help!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Problems getting TransUnion Early Exclusion while CO in Dispute

Anything already in dispute status has to complete before you can take any further actions on those TLs. You can ask for the EE on others not in dispute.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Gdale6.  I'm on the line with TU now...fingers crossed.   I've already asked for a supervisor. I'm hoping to get up the food chain high enough to someone who can delete for me. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The first representative overseas could not help so I asked for supervisor.  The first supervisor overseas was very helpful.  I explained the situation and that the accounts were old, he immediately asked me to hold so he could research.  He came back on and said they were in dispute but that he could delete four of five.  He said the only stipulation was that I would still receive the results of the investigation via mail.

I thanked him profusely!!!  The last item was a collection from account that I was an authorized user on. It was my father's card and he passed away with a $25 balance and Macy's would not let me remove myself from the account even though I faxed them a power of attorney!  I asked this supervisor to transfer me to his supervisor.  The next higher level supervisor was in the US.  I told them the story of my father's account. They looked and said it had been deleted.  I think this was from the dispute I mailed in, but I'm not sure.  The U.S. supervisor also double checked the other accounts and all five were deleted already!  woooo hooo!    So all five TU chargeoffs gone instantly! Smiley Happy

My TU score only jumped from 771 to 784, but I think having the baddies gone will really help my application success rate when I apply!

I just tried Equifax at 888-202-4025.  Two levels of supervisors, but the last one still would not remove.  I will probabaly try them again later today or tomorrow.

I'm looking for the best Experian number to call.   One I tried had a 2hour estimated hold time Smiley Frustrated

The biggest thing I'm learning is ymmv and persistence is key.  Don't give up!

Thanks for all the advice and encoragement on this board!

Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

On the AU if it ever happens again you can dispute those off as "I am only an AU and not responsible for repayment for the account"
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks gdale!

I was able to get through to Experian on 877-284-7942 (only 20min on hold) and the representative was very nice and removed 2 of 3 Charge Offs.  They were both in dispute from a mailed in dispute letter, but the Rep said she would remove the dispute so she could manually remove them...and she did.  She said it would take up to 3 days to update on my report.  Smiley Happy

One was set to come off in May and the other was June.  The only one left is a Synchrony/Home Design. The rep said she couldn't delete it now since it is not due to drop off until Sept 18, but said to call in July for an early exclusion.   

I'm going to try again and see if a supervisor's supervisor can do the last one now!

Just one on EX and three on EQ left now.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.