Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process of removing a judgement....

tag
Anomoly777
Established Member

Process of removing a judgement....

Hello all.

I've been a lurker and i want to thank everyone on this forum for the abundance of information reguarding credit , personal finanace etc.

I'm in the process of rebuilding my personal credit. I have 2 judgements with defualt convictions currently on my personal credit. I recieved notice ut never responded. I was just ignoring them, regretfully.

1 Is in New York City dated August 5th 2009. 

The other is In New Jersey March 13th 2013.

I need to get these judugements removed and out of my life. 

I am prepared to pay these in full to get them removed or deleted. I've gathered that my first course of action should be to contact the CA to a PFD? 

Thank you in advance. 

Bless this forum!!!
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Process of removing a judgement....

Yes a PFD with the CA would be your first course of action although that will only take care of the collection entry on your report the judgment will only update to satisfied. Judgements are a bit trickier.
Message 2 of 15
Anomoly777
Established Member

Thank You 

Once it reports as satisfied. Who should i contact to get it removed from my credit report, the courts or CRA?

Bless this forum!!!
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

What CRA's it reporting it? Typically the only way to get it removed is having a judge vacate it. But I have had success getting one removed from my TU report I'll PM you the details.
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brandon1 I have a stubborn judgement on EQ. Please PM me the details too.

Thanks
Message 5 of 15
Anomoly777
Established Member

1 judgement is reporting to both Equifax & Transunion But not Experian. The other is reporting to all three CRA's

Bless this forum!!!
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please PM me as well? I have a one that I'm trying to get off. Thanks
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Google whychat credit confusion
Message 8 of 15
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Judgments are not "reported" to the CRAs in the normal sense of any furnisher, such as the judgment creditor of the court.

The CRAs each do their own search of public records, and if a judgment is found, will include in their files if it has not exceded its credit report exclusion date.

Some searches are more complete than others, and thus they could appear on only some CRA reports, and not others.

Once they are included, removal will require that the judgment be vacated from the actual public record, which can only be done by the court that issued the judgment.

The procedure is to motion the court for vacature of its judgment.  Some states provide their courts the authority to vacate based on the satisfaction of the debt, while others do not.  Check your state law governing reasons for vacature of judgments.

Message 9 of 15
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

I have found, in getting a couple judgements off the reports, the Courthouse -Clerk's do not have the time or for that matter, any interest in verifying Judgements.
All I've disputed (paid ones) have been deleted and never came back !
Guess YMMV ...but has worked with me for myself, family and a friend. .
FICO :November 2016
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.