Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product change

tag
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

Product change

Can anyone tell me what a product change is? What is the purpose and the benefits of it?
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Product change

Product changes allow for moving to a rewards card from a no frills, a cash rewards to travel rewards, etc. and at times even moving up a tier with that particular company.

One of the most common PC's is from the Cap1 Platinum (no frills) to the Quicksilver One (1.5% cash back). Why pass up the free 1.5% rewards to stay with a basic card if it can be upgraded with a call?

Sticking with the Cap1 theme; if a person has one of the QS cards but is planning on doing lots of travel, personal or business, the Venture travel rewards card may be better. A simple call 'may' get that person a card that is of greater benefit.
Message 2 of 13
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

Oh I see. I'm not familiar different card benefits. Maybe I need to start doing more research on this. Why not just get a second card from the same company instead of changing to a different card?
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sueblue34 wrote:
Oh I see. I'm not familiar different card benefits. Maybe I need to start doing more research on this. Why not just get a second card from the same company instead of changing to a different card?

Some people don't want the extra inquires and lower AAoA and new account on their credit report. Or they might not even be able to get an approval for a new card. 

Message 4 of 13
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

How do you determine the tier of the card?

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lower tier cards can be obtained easier and with lower scores but generally have lower starting lines, grow slower, and have lesser rewards and bonuses.

Each company has different tiers, rewards, and bonuses. Feel free to ask on here about specific companies or cards as here's usually someone on with specific knowledge of the card.
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sueblue34 wrote:

How do you determine the tier of the card?

https://youtu.be/ZS3c9Y_yiok

Message 7 of 13
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

@ALK11 love his vid thx. I will definitely be watching more he seems so knowledgeable. Plus I can listen while I work 

Message 8 of 13
jsk0307
New Contributor

I'm currently eligible to upgrade my Capital One platinum to a QuicksilverOne. But I already have a QS 1 with a much lower limit.

On the Capital One site I PQ for both the regular Quicksilver and Venture but they wouldn't allow me to upgrade and keep my existing account # and history. Going to try and call again in a few days.

Starting Score: 566
Current Score: 707
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

JSK- Have you considered combining then app'ing for the QS or Venture?
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.