Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Professional Rebuilder

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Professional Rebuilder

Hi Everyone, 

Once again I'm repairing my credit and hopefully this is the last time.  Credit scores (from credit karma) are currently listed as: 

570 TU 

572 EQ

Looks like my EQ score increased 2 points in the last two days, I was just approved for a capital one card.  In addition to the secured card, I've been writing letters to my collection accounts and disputing some items with the bureaus.  Hoping to see some changes there.  

I fell for a stupid trick and tried to get a new car in December and had about 12 hard inquiries added to the report after I asked the dealer specifically about this, but that was my fault for going in there in the first place.    

In addition to a few stupid collections, I have a TON of student loan debt, a good amount of it is deferred right now and the other active accounts have a very low payment so I pay that on time.   

The only issue is that I may have to file bankruptcy soon because I'm dealing with a foreclosure.  It really sucks because my score is improving but it may be the only way to save my home so there is no question that I will if I have to.  The missed mortgage payments are killing my score, I can only imagine what it would be right now if the mortgage wasn't an issue.  

Basically I'm paying now for years and years of poor financial choices, immature behavior and a general lack of knowledge about how important financial health is.  I even messed up my husbands credit (not as bad as mine) so I'll be working on rebuilding his as well.  

I was thinking about applying for another secured card just in case I do have to do the bankruptcy.  I'd like to begin rebuilding as soon as humanly possible if that happens.  

In the last ten years, money and finances have been the one constant stressor that I carry around and I'm over it.  I'm looking forward to getting on track with this and a community like this helps alot.  If anyone has any advice or tips please share with me. 

Thanks!

****Just checked Experian is at 587...I'm actually in the fair category!  I know its still not that great but it feels good to see that.  There is hope!

1 REPLY 1
bass_playr
Established Contributor

Re: Professional Rebuilder

Hi, 

First, you cannot rely on the Vantage 3.0 scores that credit karma gives you.  They have nothing in common with an actual FICO score.  For example, a change that increased my FICO score by 21 points increased my credit karma score by 70 points.  There's no substitute for actual FICO scores.

I know a bit about foreclosure issues and there's been a ton of fraudulent stuff done in that arena.  I actually have a fraudulently listed foreclosure on my credit right now, from a "creditor" that literally has nothing to do with any mortgage that has my name on it.  They have tried twice to take my house, and failed both times.  I would encourage you to check EVERY single thing they say and do when it comes to foreclosure---even if they are the correct party, even if you do have a mortgage that they hold, and even if you defaulted, there could still be fraud in there.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.