Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proffessional account management CA - read this

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

Proffessional account management CA - read this

I have a red light ticket on my credit report the subline line CA has posted and on the Washingon DC /MVA webiste it states this:

If my ticket account gets listed with a credit bureau, how do I get it cleared?

Normal practice in the credit reporting industry is to retain a reported debt in history for a period of seven years, even if a debt is paid during this period.  In its current contract with the District of Columbia Office of the Chief Financial Officer, the collection agency has agreed to automatically send an account delete record to the credit bureaus that it utilizes.  This means that the record of your delinquent debt should disappear from credit bureau records within two to four weeks after payment in full is made.  All communication concerning the status of your tickets with credit bureaus should be directed to Professional Account Management, L.L.C. 

Do I still need to send a PFD or is this enough protection?

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: Proffessional account management CA - read this

That would suffice but a PFD letter is always the best route. If they refuse to give you a confirmation of a PFD, you'll have to take your chances.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 2 of 9
Joteism
Regular Contributor

They're good for it! Don't ask my why, but I had three $200 tix from DC on my report (Yeah... I practically keep the city/district running) during the DC Ticket Amnesty program they did last year (You could pay the original ticket amount - So in my case 3x$100) and once I paid them, all three fell off of my report within 30 days.

Random fact - Apparently 80% of all tickets issued in DC are written to Maryland residents (80% of those tickets are clearly being issued to me).

Message 3 of 9
glamchick
Established Contributor

Thank you Joteism!!!  I will go ahead and pay this then.

Im trying to clean my report.  I didnt even know I had this ticket!!  

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 4 of 9
Joteism
Regular Contributor

Sure thing! I think DC is the only one that reports traffic tickets to the CRAs. Just follow up with the CA if they don't drop off automatically. They were helpful enough with me - I freaked out and called them about three days after I paid the tickets and they just told me to be patient.

Message 5 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Sounds like a delete for payment.  Good luck.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 9
glamchick
Established Contributor

Ok one more question before paying.  Does it matter if I pay the OC or the CA?  I just talked to the CA and they said its quicker to get it off your report if I pay them Instead of waiting for DC to notify them.

Thanks.

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 7 of 9
Joteism
Regular Contributor

I paid the OC, but I'm sure both will take care of it for you. And I do suspect that it's faster through the CA. I think you're perfectly safe, because of that deletion notice on DC Government website.

Message 8 of 9
glamchick
Established Contributor

Thank you very much!

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.