Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progress Doesn't Always Equal a Point Gain

tag
kjel
Established Contributor

Progress Doesn't Always Equal a Point Gain

I paid one credit card in full today and will be able to pay another one in full next week Smiley Happy

That leaves me one left to pay down to 9% util. No change in scores, but I'm feeling good about the progress made so far in rebuilding my credit and recovering from financial disaster created by the one-two punch of unemployment and cancer.

So far...

My Direct Loans have been successfully rehabilitated and picked up by a new lender with good payment terms, just waiting for them to update with the CRAs

Two medical collections paid in full, no luck on the PFD but sending GW letters at regular intervals.

One credit card PIF-credit limit $500, never late

Next week another credit card PIF-credit limit $500, never late

The third credit card I should be able to pay down to 9% util by mid June.

Avoided a collection reporting with a fast settlement payment.

The university that I owed about $2200 to agreed to not have the CA report the account as a collection as long as I make the agreed upon payment every month.

To go...

One collection of $429 from Ball State University. I will try for an in full PFD once I have the cash together.

A $1500 charge off from Merrick Bank which is reporting on the CRs but it is being collected by "Carson Smithfield" who blows my phone up 4 times a day but never leaves a message. After some puttering around on Google I found out that Carson Smithfield is a subsidiary of Merrick Bank, if you go to their website and click past the home page the address bar in the browser displays Merrick Bank Corp. They will be the last to be paid, $500 will be the offer.

Other than that, sitting and waiting for the Education Department to update my TLs and remove the default status, paying everything on time, will seek out a new credit card or two and just bide my time.

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

Re: Progress Doesn't Always Equal a Point Gain

good job!

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.