Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progress Report - Good Week This Week

tag
esme
Regular Contributor

Progress Report - Good Week This Week

Thanks to the MyFICO community, I managed to get 4 creditors agree to delete derogs from my credit report in just this week alone! I can't wait to see what my score will look like after all of these come off! Here are the tradelines that will be deleted:

• Chase (Charged-off account - DOFD 4/2005)
  • Squaretwo Financial (Collection agency to which the Chase debt was sold. PIF as of 6/2006. Agreed to delete.)
  • Verizon Residential (an old utility bill that went into collections in 2005 when I was laid off from my 1st job out of college.)
  • Macy*s - the crazy thing here is that Macy*s said that they would only clear my history with them of late payments and show everything as current! This is my very oldest account, opened back in 1999, so the fact that they are not deleting the entire TL without my even asking is BEYOND ME! I LOVE MACY*S!!!!!

I have a few more accounts that I am hitting roadblocks with:

• HSBC Charge-off from 2010 (occurred during my divorce)
  • Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation (NMAC) - the loan owned jointly with ex-husband. Couldn't agree who would take the car during/after the divorce.
  • CBE Group - original creditor is Dominion Electric. DOFD is 3/2005 so it is scheduled to fall off this month anyways. They've already come off of EQ and EX, but I can't get CBE to help me get it off of TU!
  • SallieMae - I'm celebrating a half-success with this. They agreed to delete the lates from 2010 but I am waiting to hear back about whether they will delete the lates from 2008. (Applied for forbearance for both loans, it was only applied to one.)
  • Medical Collections - 4 medical collections, one of which I am sure to get deleted due to an error in the insurance coverage dates. I'm planning on initiating the HIPAA process with these. One is paid, the other 2 are not.

If anyone needs contact info for the creditors I was successful with, feel free to PM me. I'll keep everyone updated on the rest. Four deletions in one long, hard week of battling the phone prompts, transfers, escalations to managers, emails, and faxes. So stressful but SO satisfying when you receive that call that your request is being granted!!!! Good luck to all and thank you MyFICO community for all of your help thus far!

Starting Scores: EQ 582 TU 584 EX 615 (FICO - Lender Pulled) 1/4/2012
Current Scores:EQ 632 TU 698 EX 669 (Lender Pulled) 3/17/2012
Goal Scores:700 club here we come!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
dharalex
Established Contributor

Re: Progress Report - Good Week This Week

Good for you! I have a couple of lates from 2007 from Nissan, and I tried everything, and they made my cs worse. They said I was currently late which dropped my score 40 points. I even paid them off early! They are a tough cookie to break...they sound like robots when ou talk to them as if they are reading from a script. Good luck to you! If you have any contact other than what's on the cr, I would appreciate your sharing it with me. Thanks and good luck.

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 2 of 5
esme
Regular Contributor

I feel your pain. I've sent emails to various executives and gotten read receipts so I know that they got there, but I still haven't gotten a response. If I end up sending one to someone who ends up helping, I promise I will share it with you. I'm gonna keep trying!

Starting Scores: EQ 582 TU 584 EX 615 (FICO - Lender Pulled) 1/4/2012
Current Scores:EQ 632 TU 698 EX 669 (Lender Pulled) 3/17/2012
Goal Scores:700 club here we come!

Message 3 of 5
dharalex
Established Contributor

Much appreciated!

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 4 of 5
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@esme wrote:

Thanks to the MyFICO community, I managed to get 4 creditors agree to delete derogs from my credit report in just this week alone! I can't wait to see what my score will look like after all of these come off! Here are the tradelines that will be deleted:

• Chase (Charged-off account - DOFD 4/2005)
  • Squaretwo Financial (Collection agency to which the Chase debt was sold. PIF as of 6/2006. Agreed to delete.)
  • Verizon Residential (an old utility bill that went into collections in 2005 when I was laid off from my 1st job out of college.)
  • Macy*s - the crazy thing here is that Macy*s said that they would only clear my history with them of late payments and show everything as current! This is my very oldest account, opened back in 1999, so the fact that they are not deleting the entire TL without my even asking is BEYOND ME! I LOVE MACY*S!!!!!

I have a few more accounts that I am hitting roadblocks with:

• HSBC Charge-off from 2010 (occurred during my divorce)
  • Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation (NMAC) - the loan owned jointly with ex-husband. Couldn't agree who would take the car during/after the divorce.
  • CBE Group - original creditor is Dominion Electric. DOFD is 3/2005 so it is scheduled to fall off this month anyways. They've already come off of EQ and EX, but I can't get CBE to help me get it off of TU!
  • SallieMae - I'm celebrating a half-success with this. They agreed to delete the lates from 2010 but I am waiting to hear back about whether they will delete the lates from 2008. (Applied for forbearance for both loans, it was only applied to one.)
  • Medical Collections - 4 medical collections, one of which I am sure to get deleted due to an error in the insurance coverage dates. I'm planning on initiating the HIPAA process with these. One is paid, the other 2 are not.

If anyone needs contact info for the creditors I was successful with, feel free to PM me. I'll keep everyone updated on the rest. Four deletions in one long, hard week of battling the phone prompts, transfers, escalations to managers, emails, and faxes. So stressful but SO satisfying when you receive that call that your request is being granted!!!! Good luck to all and thank you MyFICO community for all of your help thus far!

My opinion on the HIPPA process without specifically discussing the process:

Remember, it only absolves you of the reporting, not the debt. So, although it seems appealing, having these medical collections unpaid and not reporting only solves one part of the puzzle.

The one that is paid, you might be in luck on HIPPA, but the unpaid ones, I would personally work with the OC and try to have them call back the debt if you pay them. I did that, and it worked a couple times. The CA was forced to delete the account by the OC, they don't want to jeoporize future business with them by not agreeing to their terms.  And it has worked for many other people, because the OC usually assigns this kind of debt, not sells it.

Since you have a handful of negative listings and accounts still on the report, don't be shocked if you don't see the score increase you were expecting. One deletion of a collection account when you have a couple more, and a deletion of a charge off when you have another might not warrant much score increase, at least in and of itself.

But it will get you closer when you do start getting the final ones removed.. and, its one less letter of explanation you will have to give the lender when you apply for mortgage!

I do think you will get a score jump from keeping that Macy's account, and having the lates removed. Depending on the how new the lates were, and how severe the lates were, this could be a substantial boost.

Good luck and report your scores when you get them.

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.