Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progress. Still bad, but progress nonetheless

tag
jason0618
Frequent Contributor

Progress. Still bad, but progress nonetheless

So, I am rebuilding my credit. Slowly but surely, I'm making progress. I just got an alert yesterday from myfico that I've finally gotten to a 500 score. Still horrendously awful, I know. But much better than the 421 I started out with.
I was gardening, for the past few months, but then I totaled my 2012 honda civic. I've had a long history with hinda, which is how I got my civic at a 4.9% rate with $0 down. When I totaled it, I thought of looking elsewhere, but in the end decided that with my score still being in the 400's, they were my best shot. Long story short, I'm now leasing a 2013 accord at super preferred tier. I got an alert when they paid off the civic, and another when they added the lease saying 502 score.
Hopefully, in three years, ill be good enough to get something else besides another honda.
Next thing, is there any way to know the specifics of what navy federal needs to either unsecure my card with them or to qualify for an unsecured card? I have my checking, savings and the secured visa with them. Had the secured account for 18 months now, never late, but I've gotten close to the limit several times. I use it for bills, but pay it off periodically. I don't want to apply only to be turned down, but then again, I'd like to get the security deposit released, too.
Scores as of 04/2021

Gardening until further notice
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Progress. Still bad, but progress nonetheless

Post the CC question in "credit cards," and you'll get quicker replies.

Message 2 of 3
DrJim
Frequent Contributor

Re: Progress. Still bad, but progress nonetheless

Progress is progress and progress is a good thing!

What is holding your score down?  Are there specific things we can help you with?  In three years, using the advice from these boards, you can be in the mid-700's I am sure.

Starting Score: TU 672 EQ 654 10/20/09
Current Score: TU 775 EQ 783 EX 799 (PLUS)
AMEX Delta Platinum $35K, NFCU Visa Signature $30K, HHonors Reserve Visa $35K, WF $13.5K, IHG Rewards Club MC $25K
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.