Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progress/Success Stories

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: Progress/Success Stories

@baglady215,

Congrats on your success.  You're doing great!

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 11 of 20
12njoy
Super Contributor

+1 tomfromrictmame

___________ 12Njoy
Message 12 of 20
baglady215
Established Member

@12njoy wrote:

baglady215,

Don't know if you shop at Walmart (GEMBC) or not, but they are BK friendly.  You get your free TU Fico score with card.  I just referred a friend who did Chapter 7 in 2012 and she got $700 limit.  Just FYI.

Thanks, but I did include them in my BK. I tried already and was a no go. Maybe I'll give it another try next year.

Message 13 of 20
12njoy
Super Contributor

baglady215,

Sorry to hear that.  I read here that they have given people a try again.  I think you are doing great and will be able to get it back again very soon.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 14 of 20
denver133
Frequent Contributor

2012 I started the year off unemployeed. Stayed that way for 9 months while searching for something.  Had all of my CCs charge off, was able to keep my car but had some lates, almost defaulted on my student loans, everything that was positive on my credit report went straight down the toilet. Lucky for me, October 2011 was the start of my new job.

Jan 2013 I pulled my CRs. All were in the 400s! I knew it was bad. Only half of my CCs were sent to collections in which I started my process of paying back all the debt.  I contacted many of the collection companies and started getting them off my report.  

This is all I have left after being close to 20 negative items on my report. I sent GW letters every 2 weeks.  Cap1 asked me yesterday to stop emailing the Corporate office.  HA.  I will send those emails daily now. What has helped my situation is being truthful about my unemployment and personal struggles. Seems like some of the companies have taken that into consideration. Cap1 did last week but ended up not removing the negatives. I have seen over a 140+ point increase on my way up with another 80 to go.

Good:

US Bank secure CC - 1% balance

Chase auto loan - Current

Sallie Mae student loan  - Current

BAD:

OneMain Financial - Unpaid balance of $4,791. PFD 10/23/13 Still no response from them.  

Chase Auto - 4 30 lates and 1 60 day late. GW 10/23/13

Sallie Mae - Was 180 days late but now current. GW 10/23/13

Amazon Card - C/O $0 balance - GW 10/23/13

Shell/Citi - C/O $0 balance - GW 10/23/13

Cap1/Best Buy - C/O $0 balance - GW 10/23/13

Cap1 Card #1 - C/O $0.00 Balance - GW 10/23/13

Cap1 CC #2 - C/O $0 balance - GW 10/23/13

Cap1 CC #3 - C/O $0 balance - GW 10/23/13

Cap1 CC #4 - C/O $0 balance - GW 10/23/13

My Cards: CSP: $5,000 // Hyatt: $5,000 // Cap1 Venture: $5,000 // US Bank Plat: $3,500 // Discover: $1,000 // AMEX BCE: $1,000 // Lowes: $5,500 // Furniture Row: $3,500 // Buckle Store Card: $750

Current MyFico Scores: EX 687 EQ 696 TU 687 Gardening from 5/15 till 5/16

Message 15 of 20
specialksauce
Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

I am still rebuilding like you OP.  I started my rebuild in March 2012 with two secured cards through USAA ($10,000 total).  My scores when I started were in the mid 500's.  I had 8 collection accounts and approximately 6 CO's and one judgement.  Through sweat and tears, I was able to get the 8 collection accounts deleted and was succesful in getting the medical judgment from 2008 deleted since it listed the name of a medical provider.  I'm down to 3 CO's on Experian and 1 CO on Equifax and Transunion.  I started applying other credit in March 2013 (received Walmart store card, Chase Freedom, Barclaycard).  Scores at that time were mid 600's.  Then in July 2013 I started applying for Amex cards and to my surprise, they were good to me.  In 45 days I was able to rack up 4 Amex cards.  Scores rose again as listed in my signature.  I then applied for an unsecured card with USAA and was approved for $7,000.  I applied for the Discover IT card in August 2013 and was denied due to CO's.  I joined a forum here about the Duck card and thought that this was the Discover card, so I applied to Discover again.  To my suprise, I was approved for Discover IT card on October 16th for $6,500.  I then applied for the Duck card and was denied.  I previously closed my Chase Freedom since it only had a limit of $500.  I applied for the Chase Slate card in October 2013 and was approved for $2,500.  I have one more credit app to do this year and I'm done for at least 6 months.  This is my story.  Welcome to the forum.  It's great people and advice here.  Check creditboards.com for there credit pulls database.  There you can find what people were approved for and their credit score and location.  It's another great resource. 

12njoy.....

How did you get your medical judgement to delete? Don't have a judgement but have 3 paid collections (directly to the hospital and doctors office) on EX and EQ that state the medical providers. They will not come off for the life of me. Any advice?? 

Message 16 of 20
12njoy
Super Contributor

@specialk,

I'm on my mobile. Let me send you a letter I used to send to CRA who deleted the file. When
I get back to me desk, I'll send you the letter
___________ 12Njoy
Message 17 of 20
specialksauce
Contributor

You rock, thanks!!! 

Message 18 of 20
12njoy
Super Contributor

@specialk,

check your pm

___________ 12Njoy
Message 19 of 20
mebell
Regular Contributor

These are all great postings of everyones journey. Thanks for sharing!

Starting Score: TU 629 6/2013
Current Score: TU 697 (March'14) EQ 688 (April'14) EX 693 (March '14)
Goal Score: 700

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.