Valued Member
nacol1994

Progress mgmt inc.

I chk my credit report n this collection for the city of Detroit shows up. I call the collection agency to find out why I have a collection for $100. They tell me it was for a parking violation on Nov. 12, 2008. I say I never recvd a notice or anything. I learn they simplt go off the name on file for the license plate. Apparently my lovin hubby got the ticket but he thought I paid it. Long story short, the city sent several notices to a old address n it was never forwarded to my new address. I never recvd anything at all on this. Today I paid the ticket but the damage is done to my credit now. How in the world can u b expected to pay a debt that u never recvd? Seems the sensible thing to do is remove it from mt report. I want to sue this collection agency. Any thoughts? So much for getting a mortgage in this lifetime. I simply dont understand how they can get away w doing this to people.

Starting Score: 628
Current Score: 651
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Schoolbuskid

Re: Progress mgmt inc.

WHo is the collection agency? do you know the DOFD for sure? You can either send them a GW letter, or DV letter which has worked on some paid collections.

Good Luck!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+