Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progress on rebuild

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Progress on rebuild

My current progress on my rebuild.

Update 4-8-15. Barclays card started reporting to Experian and raised my score by 53 points in just 2 days.

NEGATIVE

MIDLAND FUNDING-$0

MIDLAND MCM-$0

VERIZON-$0

CAPITAL ONE-$0

CAPITAL ONE-$0

CAPITAL ONE-$0

CREDIT ONE-$0

GLA COLLECTIONS-$0-Deleted as of 6-4-15

FINGERHUT-$0

All of these have been paid off within the last 3 months.

BK 2011

State Tax Lien(Released) 2011

POSITIVE

Reliable Credit"Car Loan"  $10,200 "29% APR" yeah I know lol. I have been paying on this for sometime now and working on paying it off fast.

Verve C-Paid off as of 6-4-15

First Premier CC-Paid off as of 6-4-15

First Savings CC-Paid off as of 6-4-15

Open Sky CC-Paid off as of 6-4-15

Recent-Cap One QuicksilverOne as of 4-3-15

Barclay Card-Main Card-Heavy usage and PIF every month

Wife just got a Chase Slate and added me as a AU. It reported to all 3 within 1 month without my SS#

CS for all 3 as of 4-3-15 according to MPM

Trans 585

Exq 537

Exp 536

CS for all 3 as of 6-4-15 according to MPM

Trans 588

Exq 561

Exp 573

Income 40k a year.

The State Tax lien should be taken off of Exq & Exp soon. I keep disputing this with them since the state gave me a paper telling them to delete it off. Transunion took if off about a year ago and my score jumped 93 points.  Recent The State has finally got involved with helping me, so I should be able to have it taken off the other 2 soon.

Update-Experian deleted Tax Lien and Equifax had to be taken to the BBB after trying several times on CFPB(CFPB is to busy at the moment to look into this, they said it could take months for them to get to it)

I have recently started writing letters and plan to send them every week to all the accounts that where in collections to explaining my story and asking them if they will delete the negative tradeline since I have paid them. It's worth a shot lol. Rebuilding my credit has become exciting and I see it paying off finally. Update-I have sent letters every week since posting this and only GLA Collections deleted.

Cap One gave me a 2nd chance and I should do good as long as my work doesn't burn down lol.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Rebuilding is paying off

@Anonymous wrote:

NEGATIVE

MIDLAND FUNDING-$0

MIDLAND MCM-$0

VERIZON-$0

CAPITAL ONE-$0

CAPITAL ONE-$0

CAPITAL ONE-$0

CREDIT ONE-$0

GLA COLLECTIONS-$0

FINGERHUT-$0

BK 2011

POSITIVE

Reliable Credit"Car Loan"  $10,200 "29% APR" yeah I know lol. I have been paying on this for sometime now and working on paying it off fast.

Verve CC

First Premier CC

First Savings CC

Open Sky CC

CS for all 3 as of 4-3-15

Trans 585

Exq 537

Exp 536

The State Tax lien should be taken off of Exq & Exp soon. I keep disputing this with them since the state gave me a paper telling them to delete it off. Transunion took if off about a year ago and my score jumped 93 points.  Recent The State has finally got involved with helping me, so I should be able to have it taken off the other 2 soon. If they still refuse to accept the withdrawal after state intervention file a CFPB complaint on the CRAs

I have recently started writing letters and plan to send them every week to all the accounts that where in collections to explaining my story and asking them if they will delete the negative tradeline since I have paid them. It's worth a shot lol. Rebuilding my credit has become exciting and I see it paying off finally.

Cap One gave me a 2nd chance and I should do good as long as my work doesn't burn down lol.

I'm heavly rebuilding my credit because I'm trying to get on with the State Police and they told me they don't like to see any active collections.

Good job so far Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck to you! Such a shame that jobs are now based on credit reports and not Ability. 

Message 3 of 11
someone379
Regular Contributor

Nice work!  It does take some time and effort but believe me it feels great when over time all that stuff starts going away and the score starts climbing.  Something to be proud of Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 503 TU 478" "Current Scores: EQ >750 TU >750 EX >750
IHG (19k) | Discover IT (18k) | BCE (14.5k) | SPG (14k) | CashForward (7.5) | Citi DC (6k) | TE (5.5k) | Marriott (5k) | Citi Best Buy (5k) | Amz VISA (3k) | BofA Cash Rewards (4.5k) | FNBO 6.25% AMEX (2.3k) | Amz Store (CLOSED) | QS1 ($1.6k)
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, sometimes people have things happen in there life and they get dinged for it when it comes to getting a job that requires a good credit history.

@Anonymous wrote:

Good luck to you! Such a shame that jobs are now based on credit reports and not Ability. 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@someone379 wrote:

Nice work!  It does take some time and effort but believe me it feels great when over time all that stuff starts going away and the score starts climbing.  Something to be proud of Smiley Happy

Yeah its been hard and still have a few speed bumps, but I feel better about my situation.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

NEGATIVE

MIDLAND FUNDING-$0

MIDLAND MCM-$0

VERIZON-$0

CAPITAL ONE-$0

CAPITAL ONE-$0

CAPITAL ONE-$0

CREDIT ONE-$0

GLA COLLECTIONS-$0

FINGERHUT-$0

BK 2011

POSITIVE

Verve CC

First Premier CC

First Savings CC

Open Sky CC

Trans 585

Exq 537

Exp 536

The State Tax lien should be taken off of Exq & Exp soon. I keep disputing this with them since the state gave me a paper telling them to delete it off. Transunion took if off about a year ago and my score jumped 93 points.  Recent The State has finally got involved with helping me, so I should be able to have it taken off the other 2 soon. If they still refuse to accept the withdrawal after state intervention file a CFPB complaint on the CRAs

I have recently started writing letters and plan to send them every week to all the accounts that where in collections to explaining my story and asking them if they will delete the negative tradeline since I have paid them. It's worth a shot lol. Rebuilding my credit has become exciting and I see it paying off finally.

I'm heavly rebuilding my credit because I'm trying to get on with the State Police and they told me they don't like to see any active collections.

Good job so far Smiley Happy

Thank youSmiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Update 4-8-15. Barclays card started reporting to Experian and raised my score by 53 points in just 2 days.

NEGATIVE

MIDLAND FUNDING-$0

MIDLAND MCM-$0

VERIZON-$0

CAPITAL ONE-$0

CAPITAL ONE-$0

CAPITAL ONE-$0

CREDIT ONE-$0

GLA COLLECTIONS-$0

FINGERHUT-$0

BK 2011

POSITIVE

Verve CC

First Premier CC

First Savings CC

Open Sky CC

Trans 585

Exq 537

Exp 536

Income 40k a year.

The State Tax lien should be taken off of Exq & Exp soon. I keep disputing this with them since the state gave me a paper telling them to delete it off. Transunion took if off about a year ago and my score jumped 93 points.  Recent The State has finally got involved with helping me, so I should be able to have it taken off the other 2 soon.

Update on progress as of 4-23-15

GLA Collections has deleted all 3 tradelines after getting my goodwill delete letter.

Experian has deleted my Tax Lien and still working on Equifax which is the only one left. Transunion deleted it ages ago.

I keep sending out goodwill delete letters every week and I will until I get all my baddies deleted.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I hate California, but one thing they did is pass a law that an employer can't require a credit check for employment.

Message 9 of 11
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Great job rebuilding!

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.