Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progress progress progress YAY!!

tag
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Progress progress progress YAY!!

So my fiancé and I have been rebuilding and repairing since we got laughed out of every dealership in town in Feb of this year after trying to get a car financed . The only thing they would even offer was sub prime crazy 25 percent interest . We walked and decieded then and there we would get copies of our reports and find out exactly what is what and why we were denied , well I knew my issues which were my student loans being in default and I have been in rehab and only have two payments left yay.. but I also had about 7 collections , disputed some bc they truly were not accurate so now I'm left with 2 on EQ and 3 on the other 2 CRAs , anyways my Fiance's reports were much harder to even optain and we had no clue why , he had a slight idea that his mom had opened some accounts in his name for cell phones and cable and crap like that but he wasn't aware how bad it was , we couldn't even get copies of his CRs bc they couldn't verify his ID so we went around with them for over a mth sent in ID'S and all that and they finally just now in May let him have access to his reports , on a another note we kept getting deniel letters from the car financing places that some would say that his bday and ssn didn't match what the CRA had on file , anyways so we knew something about his identity was off on them . So we finally got access to his reports and my goodness what a COMPLETE MESS THEY WERE!! His bday was wrong , they had the wrong SSN on him , addresses he never lived but his mom did , so he knew it was all her doings, now we get to the collections part he had 10 collections plus 2 charge offs on every report in which only 2 of the debts were truly his . So immediately I disputed with all three CRAs and TU came back that all the accounts were deleted besides the two that are infact his , EX came back this morning with the same results so bow we are waiting on EQ to get done . It is such a relief that these collections were deleted bc we didn't have tje money to pay all them off esp being he didn't do it . Amd a BIG THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP FOR EVERYONE HERE!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Progress progress progress YAY!!

Very nice job tackling all of this. Glad to hear you had so much success in correcting the info, as well as getting negatives removed.

As a suggestion, before you just get financing with anyone, see what your scores are and read these threads on possible options you may have. I'd hate to see you approved, but for a terrible subprime rate.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 4
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Yes since I started all this I have been learning so much , and bf we make any big moves I will be researching these forums like crazy, we still have a little ways to go paying off the rest of our collections and working our secured ccs to help our scores and payment history . I won't be out of default on my student loans until Sept , so we are gonna shoot for first of next year to try again with a car , IF our old one holds on that long !!
Message 3 of 4
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

And that was exactly why we walked out of them dealerships bc we were determined to not be cheated and get stuck with the sub primes rates , I knew enough about all of that to know we wouldn't even be paying on the principle balance for two years or more ..NO THANK YOU , I know some ppl may have no other option but to do these sort of loans but thankfully our car still has some life left so we can work things out.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.