Progress (Updated July 20, 2015)

My information

Updated on Jul 20, 2015

Credit Scores:

EX: 673

EQ: 685

TU: 620

Accounts:

I'm done applying for credit ATM, I'm trying to show utilization and eventually request CI

4/14 Discover IT - CL $500 - Bal $182

9/14 Macy's - CL $600 - Bal $525

2/15 Wells Fargo Auto - $11,012.25 - Bal $10,520.13

7/15 *NEW* Best Buy CL $2,000 - Bal $0.00

7/15 *NEW* Amazon CL $800 - Bal $190.59

Inquiries:

(Some of these were done before I know how they affected credit)

EX: Total 22 

Elan Finance Serivce 10/13, 12/13,

On-Site Managment 11/13,

Chase Card 2/14, 3/14, 4/14,

CBNA/BBY 4/14, 7/15,

Webbanks/DFS 4/14,

SYNB 5/14,

Roadloans.com 6/14, 9/14,

Credo 6/14,

Macy's 9/14,

Nccin/Will Tiesiera 9/14,

American Honda 10/14,

Zacaltan Motors 2/15, 2/15,

United Auto Credit 2/15,

NationWide West 2/14,

Sierra Point Credit 2/15,

WFDS 7/15,

EQ: Total 6

Elan Card Services 10/13, 12/13,

CCB/BML 11/13,

Comcast 01/14,

Credo 6/14,

Santander Auto 9/14,

TU: Total 7

SYNB/Walmart 10/13,

CCB/BML 11/13,

SYNC/Amazon 2/14,

Discover 4/14,

SYNCB 5/14,

Educational 6/14,

Will Tiesiera 9/14,

Collections:

EX: N/A

EQ: N/A

TU: Receivable Performance Management

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Progress

@Anonymous wrote:

I'll comeback and edit my story.

But AT the moment I only have one collection (not my fault my mother used my social before I turned 18)

So now I'm starting my own adult life with ruined credit, not only ruined but with only a few months old.

AND I'm attempting to PFD.

I'm also fixing my sister's credit, also ruined by our mother. But I NEED a co-signer. So me fixing her credit will not only benefit her, but myself as well.

My information

Jan 28, 2015

Credit Scores:

Ex: 674

EQ: 526

TU: 674

Collections:

Receivable Performance Management

Feb 02, 2015

Her Information

Credit Scores:

Ex: 524

EQ: 527

TU: 561

Collections:

Portfolio Recovery Associates, Inc.

(2) US Dept of Education

Cap One

IC System Inc

SYNC/WALMAR

US Dept of ED/GSL/ATL

Welcome to MyFico and Good luck with your PFDs Smiley Happy   You want to know what the SOL law is in your state and if these are still within SOL you dont want to contact unless you have the full amount to pay ad the courts can still be used to get a judgment. If you cant get the PFD and these have a long time to run before they are excluded you might consider paying them to stop any monthly updating and switching to a GW letter campaign.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would suggest using the ID Theft provision of FCRA to get these removed. You do not have to point your finger at any potentially guilty person, you only need to swear an affidavit that you did not authorize the account in question, and file a police report. Send copies to the CRA's with instructions to exclude the item undr FCRA's ID Theft provision. Same goes to the CA's holding the accounts.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem is, I have already contacted RPM (my CA) prior to knowing to get things in writting (rookie mistake). I called them back in Aug 2014 and set up a payment plan and a settlement and agree for removal. No problem. I did give them my routing and account # (another rookie mistake) but this was for me to make payments. I sometimes make extra payments via online off their website. I decided to call mid Jan 2015 to see my status and to hear that I owe MORE than my settlement, and I got upset. I let the person I was talking on the phone that, that amount is a lie since WE did come to a settlement for less. And they 'claim' that since I didn't make the "full" amount in a given time that, the settlement is invalid. SO what was the point of them making payment plan? I argue and they decided to gather my information and see what they can do.

They hang up.

I call back, no anwer.

I call AGAIN, I get someone, I give my name, and they hang up.

I've tried contacting them AGAIN.

Now I sent them a disput via online off their website, and I got a conformation email claiming they have received my dispute and to please give them time to receive my issue. ALTHOUGH They are still getting money from my paycheck every 2 weeks with no problem. Ugh!

This is the email I received after I report a dispute.

Ms. Castillo,

Please be advised that RPM has received and processed your letter of dispute so that it can be forwarded to our client and included as part of their review of your claim. Please allow them a reasonable amount of time to complete the review.

This communication is from a debt collector. This is an attempt to collect a debt any information obtained will be used for that purpose.

If you have any further questions, or I didn’t answer yours, please contact our office at (888) 838-5123.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Access to your account can be rescinded by you at any time. All you have to do is go into your branch and let them know, and they can block further transfers. There may be a service fee for it. I had to do it once myself. 

Again, the ID Theft provision is there to block this kind of stuff, just because you didn't know about it, does not make you liable for this debt.

Message 5 of 15
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

I knew scores could be all over the place but a 150 point difference between bottom and top....wow.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I decided to listen to NormanFH and I went ahead and asked credit reporting companies to remove fraudulent errors off my credit report.

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0284-ask-credit-reporting-companies-remove-fraudulent-errors-yo...

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Progress (Updated July 20, 2015)

So I'm building my credit, my first initial reason was to get an auto loan which I was able to aquire without anyone else's help but my own. Smiley Happy

Now my goal is to keep my credit score high and strong.

I'm trying to get fianced through either Best Buy or Apple, any suggestions? 

Message 8 of 15
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I would suggest using the ID Theft provision of FCRA to get these removed. You do not have to point your finger at any potentially guilty person, you only need to swear an affidavit that you did not authorize the account in question, and file a police report. Send copies to the CRA's with instructions to exclude the item undr FCRA's ID Theft provision. Same goes to the CA's holding the accounts.

WOW! I would never even think of using my daughter's Social for anything! I agree you were a minor at the time, so I would follow what Norman said.

Good Luck!

Starting all over again!
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Progress (Updated July 20, 2015)

If you ever consider your daughter please only do if you are going to help her than use her.

And GUESS WHAT!?
I did research on which CCC pulls from which Bureru, and I have a tad better score on both EX and EQ than TU, which Apple used, so I applied for Best Buy and got approved for $2000! Doesn't sound like a lot but from someone who started at really bad credit to a year in having good credit. I'm appealed, so I felt ballsy and applied for Amazon, again I did some research. And got approved for $800, so now I'm just going to wait before applying anywhere and use these account to show utilization. And hopefully down the road ask for a CI. THERES hope. AND I couldn't have done it without this forum.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.