Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progress

tag
hdrider07
Regular Contributor

Progress

May of last year after applying for an auto loan and finding out I had a TU FICO of 499 I started to work on cleaning up my credit after a very messy divorce.  As of today My TU Fico is 630, EQ is 636. 

All thats left on TU and EQ:

1 dismissed judgment that should be off soon as I sent all the court records to them

1 Barclays Bank CO that I know I paid so I am waiting for their investigation results, this is on all 3

And the biggie on all 3 reports is a BofA CO that after almost 4yrs is still with BofA and I'm pondering how to handle it

Additional on EQ is a Beneficial Home Equity loan.  It is PIF but a few years ago I had some lates, interestinglu enough this TL is only reporting on EQ and 1 thing that is hurting me on the other 2 CRA's is the lack of a mortgage of any kind.  I called Beneficial and they opened a ticket to look into if for a possible GW adjustment since its PIF and the woman said they would update it with all 3 CRA's. With any luck they will remove the lates and it will appear on my EX and TU and help my score by having a paid mortgage, fingers crossed anyway.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their advice along the way.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Progress

That's amazing progress,in just under a year, you brought up your CS from 499 to 630!!

Good Luck with the rest of your CR's.

Thanks so much for sharing your progress with us. I hope you'll be back soon, to tell us "all baddies gone".Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 8
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@hdrider07 wrote:

May of last year after applying for an auto loan and finding out I had a TU FICO of 499 I started to work on cleaning up my credit after a very messy divorce.  As of today My TU Fico is 630, EQ is 636. 

All thats left on TU and EQ:

1 dismissed judgment that should be off soon as I sent all the court records to them

1 Barclays Bank CO that I know I paid so I am waiting for their investigation results, this is on all 3

And the biggie on all 3 reports is a BofA CO that after almost 4yrs is still with BofA and I'm pondering how to handle it

Additional on EQ is a Beneficial Home Equity loan.  It is PIF but a few years ago I had some lates, interestinglu enough this TL is only reporting on EQ and 1 thing that is hurting me on the other 2 CRA's is the lack of a mortgage of any kind.  I called Beneficial and they opened a ticket to look into if for a possible GW adjustment since its PIF and the woman said they would update it with all 3 CRA's. With any luck they will remove the lates and it will appear on my EX and TU and help my score by having a paid mortgage, fingers crossed anyway.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their advice along the way.

Thats awesome, good luck getting that Home Equity Loan to report... Will be totally awesome at boosting your score!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh wow! How exciting & inspiring! Sometimes I get discouraged with all of this but hearing success stories like yours keeps me motivated! Good luck with the GW adjustment and getting the home equity reported!
Message 4 of 8
jocleveland
Regular Contributor

Good for you.  It's always a pleasure when someone in the forum is making progress.  Good luck with Beneficial.

Message 5 of 8
CreditCardDiva
Regular Contributor

Congratulations to you...I know how it feels to see light at the end of the tunnel. Keep pressin'' on...

Credit Rebuild Start Date (3/12)
Oakland County CU Visa ($500) | Capital One Quick Silver One ($600) | Capital One Secured MC ($200) | Walmart ($1600) | PayPal Credit ($1000) | Jared ($3500) | Victoria's Secret ($850) | Gettington ($3500) | Amazon Store Card ($850) | NewEgg Preferred ($2400) | Discover IT ($1500) | Dillard's AMEX ($1500) Target ($1500) | Overstock Store Card ($1200) | Kohl's ($1500) | Old Navy ($650) | Macy's Store Card ($800) | The Limited ($350)
Message 6 of 8
hdrider07
Regular Contributor

Just a quick update.  I called Beneficial back just now to see if there was a decision made and they said that the department that reviews it replied and said the lates were valid and they will not be changing anything on my report.  Oh well it was worth a try, on the plus side those lates were 5 years ago but still I hate seeing them on there.

Message 7 of 8
hdrider07
Regular Contributor

TU removed the judgment finally, gave me a lift to 666, finally in the FICO good range!  Now to wait on EQ to remove it and tackle Barclay's and BofA.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.