cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progress!

tag
Betterlate

Progress!

So I've been on this forum for awhile, and I've learned a TON from everyone, so I thought I'd share a little bit of the success I've had over the past month or so. I have the typical back story of ignoring my credit when I was younger, and then realizing how important it is as an adult, so I've been pretty hyperfocused on it lately. When I started this process about six weeks ago, I had one paid collection from 2009(got an EE from EX and TU), and five other unpaid collections, some as recent as two years old, and some as old as five years ago. I also had a few lates with Capital One on open cards I carry with them(denied GW, so I'm leaving these alone ATM). I wanted to get the collections removed as soon as possible, so instead of mailing letters I emailed the Exec Offices of the creditors I owed (Verizon, Comcast/SW Credit Systems, Windstream/Receivables Perf Mgmt, Patient First/Receivables Mgmt Systems, and NutriBullet/Allied Collection California). I was able to negotiate a PFD from almost ALL of the OC's (Patient First and Nutribullet made me negotiate with the collection agency, but they were more than happy to PFD). Verizon initially told me that they can not delete any information from the bureaus that is being reported correctly, but I paid them anyway to get them to stop reporting. Upon payment, they agreed to delete any late payments from my reports, but keep the trade line. When myFICO updated my Equifax report, I noticed that my balance for that account was 0, but the lates remained on the account. I emailed Verizon again to notify them that this was not what we had agreed on, and they called me this morning to say they were completely DELETING the account from all three CR's and would send me an email letter of deletion! Smiley Very Happy Comcast has refused to budge so far, but the account is so old I'll have to just wait for it to fall off next year. So in 4-6 weeks, I've had five collection accounts scheduled for removal, leaving the only negative as some lates from CapOne and an old Comcast collection. I'm excited to see what kind of score bump I get from this! Smiley Tongue 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Progress!

Nice work!!!! You got a good bit accomplished with the negatives that were on your report!

And welcome to the forums!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

you will probably see a good boost on scores, cant wait to hear about it!

Message 3 of 9
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Great work , could you please share your contact info for Verizon for me? They have a collection agency assigned but they won't work with me a bit , maybe I can get somewhere with the EO
Message 4 of 9
Betterlate

Sent you a PM :-)
Message 5 of 9
Betterlate

So far my scores have dropped about 10 points each, so that's discouraging Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the fantastic progress!
Message 7 of 9
Betterlate

So after all of the removals and decreasing my UTI from 22% to under 10% my TU went up 36 points and EQ is up 55 Smiley Very Happy EX hasn't updated in two weeks but I'm hoping for similar gains there :-)

Message 8 of 9
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Yay!!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.