Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progressive Financial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Progressive Financial

So for the past 3 days I have been getting calls from an Unavailable number, which is unusual on my cell phone.  Today, I get a message asking to speak with me, and if I dont respond I am confirming it is me (yes as a voice mail message this was said).

They said they are attempting to collect a debt and I should call them back and whatever number.

I have no idea who they are, I do not owe any "unknown" collectors, and I googled them and have seen pretty much the same thing (calling cell phones and the not responding thing is confirming this is you).

Has anyone dealt with this company or know who they are?

Oh, I didnt mention I am supposed to be closing on a house on 11/23 so this is really ironic because I did opt out and have not accrued or been late on any debts in.....YEARS....

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Progressive Financial

What's the name of the company?

Ignore the calls.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Progressive Financial
Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Ahhh... see that now...I usually ignore the subject line.

By law they have to send you a dunning letter within 5 days of their initial contact with you. I'd keep an eye out and see what they say first.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:

By law they have to send you a dunning letter within 5 days of their initial contact with you. I'd keep an eye out and see what they say first.

By saying "with me" does that mean with my vm?  My vm has no identifying information on it and I am not even sure how they got my cell phone number.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure if this is standard but I have been receiving calls from 800-355-0123 (Hecker? Law) for over 6 months now.  The first two calls, a guy left his name and stated that he was a legal assistant and needed to talk to me, then gave me the before mentioned 800 number.  Every single time since then I receive either automated voicemails leaving that same number or hang up calls.

I had nothing on my reports from them, all old debts are accounted for (whether already paid or not (only one Smiley Happy, and I never received a dunning letter from them so finally I filed a complaint online with the FTC.  It was quick and easy and even though it probably won't stop their calls, I'm sure it doesn't help them.  I'm filing with the BBB soon too.

Message Edited by newhome4me on 11-12-2009 10:18 AM
Message 6 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

MrsQ wrote:

@llecs wrote:

By saying "with me" does that mean with my vm?  My vm has no identifying information on it and I am not even sure how they got my cell phone number.

VM or no VM, the first time they dial the number, the 5 day clock starts for them.

CAs often engage in skip tracing. For a fee, I can get your cell phone number too (scary stuff). If the OC had your number at some point, then maybe they passed it along. Or maybe it is a case of mistaken ID. Maybe your number belonged to a debtor many years ago. Also, if your name is common, then a CA will often pull records of all the Jane Does out there and call all of them and assume that they all owe on this debt.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.