cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progressive Ins..pfd? dv? which direction do i take now?

tag
AfterTheStorm
New Contributor

Progressive Ins..pfd? dv? which direction do i take now?

Hi I'm trying to purchase a house before dec 1. my goal is to remove the 2 collection accounts off of my credit report. well i have progressive for an old small debt. i'm trying to get them to remove for a pfd. they are not bulging.  neither is the CA that they hired. i disputed but it didn't work.

should i dv? they are reporting on my CR. Should I find a good back door number and call? Or should i send a pfd letter?

Thanks time is of essence.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Progressive Ins..pfd? dv? which direction do i take now?

Assuming you can pay this off in full if you have to, I would send the CA a DV letter. In fact, I would never offer a PFD until the CA proves that I owe the money.
Message 2 of 4
AfterTheStorm
New Contributor

question, can Progressive Insurance continue reporting during the DV process? They've been reporting for some time. if they prove i owe them would you then offer a pfd? by writing them and getting the cmmdr thingy?

and yes i  can pif if needed.

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You DV the CA not the OC.  It is the CA that has to prove you owe the debt.

If the CA validates and you successfully get a PFD for the CA, the OC will still be on your CR.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.