Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof you should never trust FAKO scores

tag
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

Proof you should never trust FAKO scores

I know quite a few people like to post their FAKO scores because they don't have a FICO score.

Its usually accompanined with the line "I know its FAKO; but still...."

I'm guilty of it, we all are at one point in our lives. When you don't have the real deal its comforting to know just where abouts where you are.

I give this scenario. My actual scores are below - they are either from SW or from Lender Pulls through my recent APPs. If anything, they could be higher since some time has passed and I've been added as AU to a few account with some history.  I just checked my CreditKarma report (to see what has/hasn't posted to my reports) and it gave me a WHOPPING 580 for a credit score.

580 is a long ways from the mid 661. That is an 81 point differece. Thats not in the same ball field at all...

What does an 81 point difference mean? Well in this case it would mean quite a bit.
Lets assume a lender was to pull ONLY my TU report - I say this because well I have both a FAKO and a real FICO score based off my TU report.

With my FAKO score - I wouldn't even be in line for a mortgage - anywhere.

With my FICO score - I could get an average mortgage rate of about 3.567% (from score watch) this is 2 steps up from the worst interest rate.

With my FAKO score - I would be paying 17.006% in interst on a new car loan - ouch!

With my FICO score - I would be paying 6.989% in interst on a new car loan - not great but SO much better.

I'm not looking to buy a car or a house, but obviously if I looked at only my CK score I'd be super depressed. Who knows I might be doing some stupid things (Like accept that First Premier credit card offer I got that had something like $300 fees a year when all added up instead of taking the chance an Apping for the WalMart cc which has 0 fees)

Just remember - yeah it MAY be close, but who knows if your on the UP side of your FAKO score or the DOWN. Plenty of people have elevated FAKO scores and then get dissapointed when they see their real scores.

Just remember take whatever that number is and throw it away - it shouldn't even exist.

Current: Eq- 624 Ex - 631 (lender pulled) TU - 661 (lender pulled)
Goal 700+ across all three
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Re: Proof you should never trust FAKO scores

Agreed.  My CK has been ~30 points lower than my FICO scores from either here or Walmart.

My EX scores ranges from 660-685 on CS and Quizzle.  They were around this score when I was at 599 on EQ and 629 on TU, so who knows what they will be now.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 2 of 7
sunshine24
New Contributor

Yep. My CK FAKO is at least 50 points lower then my FICO. Ridiculous.

Starting Score: 608 EQ (FICO) 8/11/11
Current Score: 713 EQ (FICO) 2/14/13
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Ehhh.....to be fair, some FAKO scores are actually higher than FICO scores, just depends on the case. What I've noticed with CK in particular is, it's missing 3 of my accounts, one of which is very old and another of which is reporting 6 months positive. CK does not have my overall credit picture so their FAKO scoring on me is way off. Sure, they want you to pay to add some stuff but I'm good on that. I'll wait to pull a good TU until I get my Walmart GE.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My FAKO's are lower. 

Message 5 of 7
pineappledaydreams
Frequent Contributor

Fako fako fako don't lie to me fako fako fako don't lie to me! Is it working, all sing together! Oh I give up
On my phone apologies for the errors.

Starting Score: 501 EX FAKO
Current Score: 745TU Fico
Current Score:714EQ Fico
Current Score: 742 fico

Message 6 of 7
jandj80
Regular Contributor

Here is my comparison- 

July 2012: Lender pull TU 498. Credit Karma 544. 

July 2012: Lender pull EX 468. Credit Sesame 475.

July 2012: Lender pull EQ 416. MyFICO EQ 416.

Nov 2012: MyFICO TU98 590. Credit Karma 638. Lender TU04 619. Walmart TU08 638. 

Nov 2012: Lender EX: 613. Credit Sesame 613. 

Nov 2012: Lender EQ: 520. MyFICO EQ 520.

I watch and compare these scores often, some daily. And this is what I have gathered:

Seems to me that the newer TU are nicer if you have older lates/baddies, and higher util. The older version really knocks off points. 

Credit Karma vantage score seems to be closest to the TU08 model, and the Transrisk score is closer to the 04 model.

It is my opinion that credit sesame is rather close for both me and my husbands scores. 

And of course, MyFICO scores are an exact match to lender pulls for EQ. And EQ still hates us. Boo. 

**keep in mind this is my opinion only and can be used for comparison, but do not expect the same results**

Starting Score: EQ 416 TU 498 EX 468 Lender Fico's July 2012
Current Score: EQ 674 TU 679 Ex 686 EX
Goal Score: For now: 640s

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.