Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proper way to pay OC for CO amount

tag
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Proper way to pay OC for CO amount

What would be the proper way to pay an original creditor for the charged off amount? It is my understanding that PFD letters are typically for CA and not the OC. I don't have many CA collections, but have many OC tradelines with CO status and $0 balances where the debt was sold. I know I can GW the OC. Is it possible to offer a payment in the GW letter also while explaining that I want to bring these tradelines current or have them deleted?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: Proper way to pay OC for CO amount

Chances are that the OC won't or can't take payment for the debts since they've been sold. Find out who the current owners are, PFD the CA's (or if they aren't reporting, Payment to make sure they don't report) and then GW the OC. The OC may be able to "recall" the debt but that would be the exception rather than the rule.

Who are the OCs?

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 2 of 4
bahbahd
Established Contributor

OCs are:

two Capital One cards:

one CO, DFD 07/2007, sold to LVNV

one CO w/ balance, DFD 05/2007

two Household Bank cards

both CO, DFD 07/2007 & 06/2007

both sold to Portfolio Recovery 

one GE Capital Retail (Banana Republic)

CO/sold

No CA currently reporting

LVNV and Portfolio Recovery are actively reporting for the the three collections accounts. I plan on send PFD

Message 3 of 4
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@bahbahd wrote:

OCs are:

two Capital One cards:

one CO, DFD 07/2007, sold to LVNV did you ever get a proper dunning notice from them? If not, file a complaint via BBB stating this (it's probably also reporting as an "installment account" which is bogus...they are famous for doing this). Once LVNV gets deleted from your report, they may sell it to someone else who you would then DV, then offer a PFD. Hopefully the new CA will accept the PFD, and then you can GW Capital One

one CO w/ balance, DFD 05/2007 Pay the balance to bring utilization down, then GW Capital One since they did not sell.

two Household Bank cards

both CO, DFD 07/2007 & 06/2007

both sold to Portfolio Recovery Keep trying to PFD Portfolio, then try to GW Household Bank/Capital One

one GE Capital Retail (Banana Republic)

CO/sold

No CA currently reporting Try to find out who they sold it to, then DV them. If DV is ok, then try for PFD's like you're planning

LVNV and Portfolio Recovery are actively reporting for the the three collections accounts. I plan on send PFD

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.