Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property Liens

tag
Desneige
New Contributor

Property Liens

Hello,

I've split your thread off to start a new one. All I've done is change the title. If you want to change it to something else you can edit your own post. Go to the post. To the right you'll see "Options." Click on "Options" and select "Edit Message" from the drop-down menu. If you need any help with anything, let me know. Thanks for contributing to the forums

--marinevietvet, myfico moderator

This is about several leins that were placed on my property from old judgements when I purchased my home in 2009.  Prior to closing I had to pay the judgements and get a "release of judgement" from the courthouse.  I did all this prior to purchasing my property and closing on my mortgage last year.  Fast forward to this year.......we applied for a streamline refinance.  The title company came back to us and stated that needed to prove again that all of these items are paid.  No problem, I had all the paperwork stamped by the courthouse in my file box.  Lender told me that the way to get them off my title is to have creditors "release the judgement:"  Several of them already have those words on the paperwork, the other states that the "judgement is vacated."  Don't think that you can get a release from a judgement that has been vacated, hence ceasing to no longer exist.  Know that we're now cleared for closing on the refinance, but is there any way to permanently get these items off the title.  I don't think they ever should have been put there in the first place.  (they were all cleared and released prior  to the original purchase date).

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Deleting Tax Liens

@Desneige wrote:

This is about several leins that were placed on my property from old judgements when I purchased my home in 2009.  Prior to closing I had to pay the judgements and get a "release of judgement" from the courthouse.  I did all this prior to purchasing my property and closing on my mortgage last year.  Fast forward to this year.......we applied for a streamline refinance.  The title company came back to us and stated that needed to prove again that all of these items are paid.  No problem, I had all the paperwork stamped by the courthouse in my file box.  Lender told me that the way to get them off my title is to have creditors "release the judgement:"  Several of them already have those words on the paperwork, the other states that the "judgement is vacated."  Don't think that you can get a release from a judgement that has been vacated, hence ceasing to no longer exist.  Know that we're now cleared for closing on the refinance, but is there any way to permanently get these items off the title.  I don't think they ever should have been put there in the first place.  (they were all cleared and released prior  to the original purchase date).

It would be better if you could post the actual documents properly redacted, of course, to remove personally identifiable data.

Judgments create liens.  Liens are released (paid) or recalled (as though they never existed).  Judgments are satisfied (paid) or vacated (as although they never existed).  What is on your title is probably a lien. 

What you likely need is a notarized Satisfaction of Judgment that the lender should have provided you when you paid off (satisfied) the judgments.  Failing that, documentation under seal from the court clerk stating that the judgments have been satisfied. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.