Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prosper loan denied

tag
bobbycredit
Valued Member

Prosper loan denied

Experian is 672 (myFico) and I was told by Prosper that I do not meet the minimum credit score requirement? Have they become more strict? Anyone else have difficulty with >640 credit score?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
bobbycredit
Valued Member

Re: Prosper loan denied

This was in the messages on prosper:

Your FICO®08 credit score is a number that reflects the information in your consumer report. Your credit score can change, depending on how the information in your consumer report changes.

Your credit score: 654

Date: 7/2/2014

Considering I just pulled my Experian FICO on 6/30/2014 and it was 672, why would this one be 654? Why would they deny me outright for 654 when their minimum is 640?

Message 2 of 4
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@bobbycredit wrote:

Experian is 672 (myFico) and I was told by Prosper that I do not meet the minimum credit score requirement? Have they become more strict? Anyone else have difficulty with >640 credit score?

I was approved.  The disclosure provided from Prosper suggested that my Experian score was 689.  Notably, I signed up with them via a mileage promotion; Prosper - United MileagePlus Bonus Miles Promotion.  In the terms & conditions, it suggests that miles would be deposited within 6 - 8 weeks.  The quoted timeframe has lapsed and still no miles.  

Message 3 of 4
taxi818
Super Contributor

Im guessing they specified that was your experian score. i dont see where they said that. it could have been. or looks more like your transunion score. don't know what their cutoff score is.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.