cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pub. record deleted on TU, how to get off of other 2?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pub. record deleted on TU, how to get off of other 2?

So, I sent a letter to TransUnion disputing a few things--mainly a state tax lien that is paid/released and a lost/stolen card account that showed up two times.  I never reported the card lost, they discovered "fraud" on their own and sent me a new card/account number.

TU deleted the public record.  As for the duplicate account, it's still on there--but there was one late payment back about a year and a half ago and it was showing up as 2 lates instead of just one.  Instead of taking off the dupl. account they just took both the lates off completely :-)  FICO shot up from 582 to 697, and I'm still at 70% util.  I'll be down to 0-5% util by the end of the year and can't imagine how high it will be then.  Only other negative on my credit is lack of history and a paid charge off for $66 back in 2004, I've given up on getting it off.

So, I sent a similar letter to EQ and have only heard back something about how they don't service my credit file and they sent my dispute to some other company that does.  Therefore, the jury is still out on them.  Did the online dispute for EX and they removed the late from the closed account but left the public record on.

Where should I go next to get this taken off of EX?  Written dispute?  Also if I were to dispute the duplicate CC account again with EX is there any negative recourse?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Pub. record deleted on TU, how to get off of other 2?

Paid tax liens stay on your CR for 7 years from the date paid.  Has it been over 7 years?

Contact the creditor about the duplicate reporting of the lost/stolen card. 

What is the DOFD of the paid CO?  It should be before the CO occured.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The tax lien hasn't been anywhere near seven years.  I wasn't too happy with how it came about--I owed state tax from 2005.  I've even got the notice from the state oh which I wrote "Paid by check 12/2005."  That was the last I heard from them before getting something in the mail in March of this year saying the state had filed a tax lien on me.  I called and they said it was for 2005 state taxes.  When I went back and researched I couldn't find that my original payment ever cleared.  SO, now after a couple years of good payments and blemish-free on my already short credit history I have a tax lien drop in on me Smiley Sad  I paid (and it cleared) less than two weeks after I received the original notice in mar09, but the damage was already done.   Now it looks like I still can't keep up with my credit after two+ years of being good.

The reason I ask is more of a matter of process, when I disputed (by mail) with TU, they couldn't verify the lien and deleted it.  When I used EX's online dispute they "verified" it in less than 48 hours. Should I mail them?

As for the charge-off, I have never believed it was validly reported--complicated situation and I've tried everything from a GW several times to threatening them under FCRA.  Again, I no longer care after 2yrs of fighting, it's going to fall off in a year so I'm not going to try anymore.  It's not worth me getting legal help against them for a $66 paid chargeoff that will be gone in a year.

I'm not really unhappy with the treatment of the duplicate accounts--I just got lucky and had TU remove BOTH lates, where EX only got rid of one of them--and again that late is over 2yrs ago so it doesn't affect much anyway.

Thanks for the help.

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.