cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Record Frustration

tag
YAC

Public Record Frustration

Back in December 2006, the IRS decided that I owed $5880.  They arrived at this figure due to my tax accountant putting the wrong SS# for my dependent daughter and I did not respond to their letters in a timely fashion.  (I know very stupid.)  So they filed a tax lien and put it on my credit report.  Needless to say, I never owed any money, and the  judgement is now reporting as paid / released.

I decided on December 21 to dispute with Transunion stating that this was filed in error.  And to my surprise, the PR was deleted.  In my excitement, I decided to go through the same process with Equifax, and got notified today that the PR was verified.  I'm so frustrated.  Anyone have any ideas on how to proceed with this one?  It's still reporting on both Equifax and Experian.

Starting Score: 12/2010: TU 615; EQ 588; EX 568
Current Score: 05/2011: TU 634; EQ 639; EX 575
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Public Record Frustration

@YAC wrote:

Back in December 2006, the IRS decided that I owed $5880.  They arrived at this figure due to my tax accountant putting the wrong SS# for my dependent daughter and I did not respond to their letters in a timely fashion.  (I know very stupid.)  So they filed a tax lien and put it on my credit report.  Needless to say, I never owed any money, and the  judgement is now reporting as paid / released.

I decided on December 21 to dispute with Transunion stating that this was filed in error.  And to my surprise, the PR was deleted.  In my excitement, I decided to go through the same process with Equifax, and got notified today that the PR was verified.  I'm so frustrated.  Anyone have any ideas on how to proceed with this one?  It's still reporting on both Equifax and Experian.

Hi YAC!

I don't know if your tax accountant making an error is a definitive defense against a tax lien, but this is something you might want to contact the IRS Tax Payer Advocate about. Perhaps they'll be able to help.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.