Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Record disappeared...now what?

tag
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Public Record disappeared...now what?

Here's a fun one for you experts out there.

I have two public records on both my EX and TU....a paid judgment and an unpaid judgment. Fairly old...one was from 2009 and the paid one was filed in 2010 and paid in 2011.

For the state of Connecticut, you can search for civil and small claims cases online. I periodically check online to make sure payments are reflected in the case I'm paying on, but I was shocked to see that the paid case, which has been paid off since December 2011, no longer shows up in the searches.

What I'm now wondering is if I could do a dispute to at least get the paid judgment off my reports. It's like it practially never happened!

Would love some ideas here...

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Public Record disappeared...now what?

I would first contact the clerk of the court, and get the actual status of the court record.  That is the legal establishment of the public record.

Your database search could, for whatever reason, be incomplete.

You might dispute the accuracy of the public record in your credit report with the CRA.  They do public record searches as their means of verification.

If they use the same search provider as you used, it might result in lack of verification.

But a copy of the official court record on file would be definative basis.  I suggest you check that out before disputing.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.