Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Records Still On Report

tag
ragensk8r
Valued Member

Public Records Still On Report

I saw other post talking about how public records are being removed from credit reports due to lack of required information. After checking my reports, my publice records which are state tax liens are still there, and know that neither my SSN or DOB is on the documents. What should I do to go about getting them removed? Should I dispute them all?  Thank you all for your help.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Public Records Still On Report

Yes, go ahead and dispute them with the CRAs. If they don't remove them, you can file a complaint with the CFPB.

I have a federal tax lien. EX removed on my dispute easily (withing two weeks). TU and EQ gave me a tough time. I filed the complaint with CFPB and TU removed on the 14th day. Still waiting for EQ. They said the launched a "reinvestigation" and would send me the results within 30 days which will be Thursday. Hoping it's just removed, and I don't have to fight them anymore. EQ is my lowest score and I saw an increase of 20 to 30 on both EX and TU. I need those points!

Message 2 of 4
ragensk8r
Valued Member

Did you state a particular reason when you disputed them?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did.

I am disputing the attached Federal Tax Lien recorded in book xxx page xx of (      ) county, state filed on (date). Please see the attached copy. It lacks all the following information required under the national Consumer Settlement  Full Social Security Number and/or D.O.B. Since the lien lacks this required information to be validated it must be withdrawn.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.