cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public record deleted from Transunion using Credit Karma!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Public record deleted from Transunion using Credit Karma!

So in the past I've shared info about breaking a lease (personal reasons) having a judgement against me and dealing with it being on my credit. This particular judgement went to collections AND was also on my public record (fees) which created another "baddie" for me to deal with. This month I noticed the collection item had fallen off my EQUIFAX report but the legal item is still on it. Also, I noticed Transunion still has both (collection and public record) still on there. I decided to wait and see if the collection will be reported this month but wanted to see what will happen if I disputed the public item. I disputed the TRANSUNION public record via CK on Tuesday and got an email this morning saying the results were in. Surely I'm thinking "that was too fast" and thinking the worst but...I logged onto my account and read                                                      

Result: DELETED!!!!!     Talk about excitement!! I'm still going to wait and see if the collection falls off this month because that's a very good sign that it will (is it even possible to have legal fees removed from a public record, and NOT the judgement that triggered it?). I'm also waiting to see what EQUIFAX DOES NOW (with the public record) but thus far I'd say today was a good day.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

Re: Public record deleted from Transunion using Credit Karma!

Congratulations on getting that off, you should see a significant score increase!  

I, too, used CK to dispute a paid judgement with TU and they deleted it almost immediately, EQ, just has after a bitter fight ! 

Just a question and data points : is your judgment a pd or non-paid one  and what is the age of it, if you dont mind ?

Again,  congratulations! !

FICO :November 2016
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was unpaid and about 6 years 9 months old.

Message 3 of 4
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.