Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public record

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Public record

I wish to thank everybody who has helped me in the past with my shortsale / credit card / CA issues, I have one last item which im not sure i should touch, I had a small claims judgement against me listed below with address and names altered. I paid the judgement in 05/2008 but as you can see it states paid 05/2009. Does it really matter to my score if i get this corrected or should i just leave it? Im looking to get a new home loan my mid score is 681 according to the Credit Union and the one they use.

Thanks

Greg

North Pole DIST  Docket# XXXXXX

XXX MAIN STREET
POB XX 
Magic Kingdom , ZZ XXXXX
(XXX) XXX-XXXX

Type: 
Paid Civil Judgment  
Court Type: 
Circuit Court 
Date Paid: 
05/2009 
Date Filed: 
05/2008  
Responsibility: 
Individual  
Plaintiff: 
Crook
Amount: 
$1,800 
Estimated date that this item will be removed:   04/2015
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

Re: Public record

No offense, but you know the funniest thing about that is? The plaintiff name is Crook. lol

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

Oh wait...you changed that when you posted it, didnt you? lol

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah , I thought it was fitting...  LOL

Message 4 of 7
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

its not going to help your score and it isnt going to be deleted any quicker.  I just found one on my report from 2006 that showed it was still open.  I called the courts and then filed a dispute with all three bureaus and they updated it as paid in 2006.  However, the score was not affected.

3/2010 - EX 555 (FAKO) EQ 542 TU 548
GOAL: 680+
Goal exceeded! - EQ - 712 TU - 701
2/2015 - 750+ across the board!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks my paid date was a year earlier than listed i was at least hoping to have it fall off a year earlier. Its not effecting me getting a VA loan just have to write a quick note about what happened.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks my paid date was a year earlier than listed i was at least hoping to have it fall off a year earlier. Its not effecting me getting a VA loan just have to write a quick note about what happened.

The date it drops from your CR is not determined by when you paid the judgment, but by the date the initial judgment was rendered.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.