Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public records

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Public records

I had an eviction that was dismissed to due to a filing error and the complex that filed the eviction has been bought out by another company. Is there anyway for me to have this dismissed cased totally removed from public records. Am i able to get it vacated or is there anything that can be done. Its not on my credit report so im happy about that but it shouldnt be out anywhere

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Public records

How old is the debt?  If it's past SOL, maybe contact the current holder and offer a pennies-on-the-dollar PFD.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@p- wrote:

How old is the debt?  If it's past SOL, maybe contact the current holder and offer a pennies-on-the-dollar PFD.

its 2 years old and was paid before it was filed so theres nothing to pay

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@p- wrote:

its 2 years old and was paid before it was filed so theres nothing to pay

You would have to contact the court it was filed in and see if it can be vacated. I'm assuming its popping up on a rental history report?

Message 4 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I'm not sure what you mean by the case was "dismissed."

If dismissed, it would not be a determination in the public record......

Can you elaborate on the history?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

According to the lawyer who filed it and the county clerks office, the case was dismissed since I paid my rent on the 4th day. Apparently in the state of KS if you're 3 days late they're filing an eviction against ya. The eviction is necessarily on my credit reports just on my rental history and its a public record for anyone to search on the county clerk website of whatever. Hope that helps...it confused and still is confusing me. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

According to the lawyer who filed it and the county clerks office, the case was dismissed since I paid my rent on the 4th day. Apparently in the state of KS if you're 3 days late they're filing an eviction against ya. The eviction is necessarily on my credit reports just on my rental history and its a public record for anyone to search on the county clerk website of whatever. Hope that helps...it confused and still is confusing me. 

Evictions do not show up on credit reports because they are not a debt or a monetary judgement - they are court order to vacate property owned by another.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.