Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pull credit history + Pay off debts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pull credit history + Pay off debts

Hi All,

My name is Tony... in the past year I've been working to repair my credit. I followed advice from other members here and I went ahead and got myself a CAP1 secured credit card. A year later my score went from 520~ to 640~! So I am very thankful to finally see my credit improving and now I'd like to make the next move.

I think I may have 1-2 negative debts on my credit which I'd like to take care of. I am currenly signed up with CreditKarma but it doesn't seem to give me an easy to read list of debts I owe? Could you guys recommend a reliable and preferrably free website that would give me this in a simple "straight to the point" list?

I also wanted to know exactly HOW I should deal with these companies, what notices I should send em to make sure its removed from my credit ASAP?

Also, I was thinking if I should take out another secured credit card? If so, should I get a 2nd one from capital 1 or should I try another bank?

Any suggestions are welcomed! Thank you guys in advance!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Pull credit history + Pay off debts

Welcome to the forum Tony 

First move if you haven't already pull your yearly free credit reports this will give you all the info needed to proceed 

Then come back here and post what help you need and provide the infoas it appears on your CR's 

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/requestReport/landingPage.action;jsessionid=Aoycv3lMi1oWUJXg9iS4M...

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pull credit history + Pay off debts

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

My name is Tony... in the past year I've been working to repair my credit. I followed advice from other members here and I went ahead and got myself a CAP1 secured credit card. A year later my score went from 520~ to 640~! So I am very thankful to finally see my credit improving and now I'd like to make the next move.

I think I may have 1-2 negative debts on my credit which I'd like to take care of. I am currenly signed up with CreditKarma but it doesn't seem to give me an easy to read list of debts I owe? Could you guys recommend a reliable and preferrably free website that would give me this in a simple "straight to the point" list?

I also wanted to know exactly HOW I should deal with these companies, what notices I should send em to make sure its removed from my credit ASAP?

Also, I was thinking if I should take out another secured credit card? If so, should I get a 2nd one from capital 1 or should I try another bank?

Any suggestions are welcomed! Thank you guys in advance!

Hi Tony,

On the Credit Karma main page, you should see a button near the top right labaled "View Now".  This will give you your full TU credit report (for free).  Once in that screen, you'll see buttons and tabs for accounts (Open and all) as well as collections (if any) and other stuff.

Hope this helps.  :-)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.